Who will win

MBI

Statesmen

Sun Devils (by a fair margin)

Carolina Gold

White Sabers

Cool, we didn't realize there was going to be a fair there! Awesome.

LOL

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know both Empire & MBI have been very quiet on DCP. This maybe an indication of their focus and drive this season not to come up short and second guess themselves come Labor Day...

Spruce :thumbup:

I have seen MBI this year. Absolutely dazzling show. Very, very well written with an incredibly layered color guard book. "Chess" turned out to be a very dramatic opening statement. "Kashmir" is killer. The straight-up classical waltz from "Scheherazade" in the middle is quite unexpected but works with the jazz style of the show. And "Caravan" thankfully, and delightfully, uses the rhythms of Ellington's original.

To me, they are on par and a bit ahead of last year's show. There is an uptick in the complexity. Overall, the corps is the same size as last year and has a wonderful sound. Whether or not they top Empire is anyone's guess, but they are certainly not relaxing their game.

MBI has a long ride home where ever they go, win or lose. I see it the other way around. I'm only basing this on clips from Fan Network for MBI and a video I saw on youtube of Statesmen, so for what it's worth...

MBI 86.5

ES 85.8

Gold 66.7

SD 65.0

WS 64.9

Oh god, win or lose, that is a VERY long ride home.

For Fan Network, I don't believe our show this year is up (I may be wrong), but you can watch us LIVE on the webcast of DCI Minnesota this Saturday! http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7...82-5aff7f4a0eea

I will say Statesmen by 2 points over MBI

Sun Devils will surprise everyone and win by over 2 points.

Cool, we didn't realize there was going to be a fair there! Awesome.

LOL

Yes... a "fair margin" is "three deep-fried somethings." :thumbup:

I have found Jamestown to be a great place to visit. I've had to visit there for work twice a year for many years. It's the warmth of the people there that always strikes me. Just nice people who welcome you with every word. It's so much more than the obvious Home of Lucille Ball!! I will be there to work on the show and I hope to meet a lot of you personally! If it's not too hot to wear it, I'll be in my :tongue: :tongue: :worthy:Brigs jacket with my name on it. The Western, NY and Erie, PA Drum Corps community is vast and has a long history. See you on the 24th!!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

We have also found Jamestown to be a great place to visit and can't wait to come back!! This is going to be a fantastic show for all the corps and we're looking forward to being there--regardless of the long bus ride to-and-from!

As for score predictions, I'm probably a little biased :thumbup:

See you next weekend!!

Eric

Cant really say anything at this point. I have not seen any of the corps. I dont see there being a huge difference with scores between MBI and Empire, people saying 2 pts over eachother is kinda far fetched if you ask me. MBI hasnt had a show for awhile and the last score they got was kinda puzzling. This is sure to be a wonderful show! Cannot wait!

Cant really say anything at this point. I have not seen any of the corps. I dont see there being a huge difference with scores between MBI and Empire, people saying 2 pts over eachother is kinda far fetched if you ask me. MBI hasnt had a show for awhile and the last score they got was kinda puzzling. This is sure to be a wonderful show! Cannot wait!

In general, you can't read into DCI scores. They don't mean much when compared to DCA scores. I think corps just go to those shows for a couple of reasons:

1) The want to perform more shows and there aren't enough DCA shows in the area to meet that demand.

2) They want good feedback (which DCI gives).

3) They want exposure to a large audience for recruitment purposes.

All of these are great reasons for performing in DCI shows, however, DCI judges do not keep track of the scores that they give to DCA groups from show to show... like they do with the junior corps. It is kind of up in the air and I feel like that is why MBI's score fluctuated so much.

In general, you can't read into DCI scores. They don't mean much when compared to DCA scores.

Can I quote you on this next time you want to brag about a DCI score?