Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer will beat the Blue Devils at Quarterfinals.

Pioneer has a show that I can watch all the way through without wanting to start up chat roulette

Pioneer will beat the Blue Devils at Quarterfinals.

You must be talking about Blue Devils C

Ott? Really? You think, Plan?

I'm not sure who I'd call the Ott winner, but I'm having a real hard time with BD winning it.

Wouldn't understand it if they did.

But I'm not the guy who gives out the medal.

Just sayin' Garfield my friend.

HIGH SCORES AS OF TODAY:

CaptionCorpsScoreDate

Overall ScoreBlue Devils94.1007/28

Overall PerformanceBlue Devils17.1007/7

Overall GEBlue Devils38.0007/28

Overall VisualBlue Devils28.1507/28

Overall MusicBlue Devils33.8007/7

PercussionBlue Devils18.9007/28

BrassBlue Devils18.6007/28

GuardBlue Devils18.9007/22

GE VisualBlue Devils19.2007/28

GE MusicBlue Devils18.8007/28

Visual PerformanceBlue Devils18.8007/23

Visual EnsembleBlue Devils19.0007/28

Music EnsembleBlue Devils18.8007/24

Edited by Plan9

Yes it is clean but I'm sorry I don't get it and Ive been following DCI since 1989. For me, it has NO entertainment value. I am not a BD hater, in fact I have been a HUGE fan for years, but this one is over my head. At least 1930 was entertaining.

Interesting, 1930 took a tremendous amount of heat on this forum. Music sucked, no demand, get to sit all the time etc... BD is about the only corp this year that I have seen push the envelope this year. SCV does so musically, BD does so musically and visually. Frankly, it is turning into my favorite show every.

Just cuz you don't like it does not make you a hater. But if you consistently don't like anything about BD, then the name might stick.

Love this music Cavaliers are playing. Is that Phillip Sparke? Anyone know?

Hmm...

Well, if the Cadets decided to "embrace the cheese", I guess BD has decided to "embrace the cacophony". It's brilliantly executed cacophony, but I still want the show to have more of a musical resolution than it does. The middle section of the show has definitely grown on me though. I bet they won all the visual captions tonight. Maybe not all the music ones.

How can you resolve when it's a show about Glass and the glass breaks at the end? Seriously guys, its not that hard to get. It's a journey, ethereal, transparent, angry, retrospective, introspective, quirky, odd, dissonant, cacophonous, and beauty at times.

I personally think the ending should be WAAY more out and less resolution than what is in now. Only then would the show really make sense from the theme presented.

Edited by trumpetcam

I wonder if we can find some old Glassmen shirts... you know, the ones that said "Glassmen.... Boring DCI fans since xxxx"... or whatever it was (something along those lines) where they made fun of themselves for their reputation with the crowd.

Maybe we can get one for BD that says "Boring Fans since 1930."