Star of Indiana--how did they do?

Hey all--

For those of us who couldn't make the semis in person or subscribe to the live feeds--how did Star do last night? What did they end up playing?

Why am I tearing up?

Just read the dci.org small paragraph:

"As the age-outs from all participating corps made their way onto the field to be recognized for their accomplishments, the Star Alumni formed a circle around them, serenading the Class of 2010 with “When you Wish Upon a Star.”

Wish I could have been there.

Why am I tearing up?

Just read the dci.org small paragraph:

"As the age-outs from all participating corps made their way onto the field to be recognized for their accomplishments, the Star Alumni formed a circle around them, serenading the Class of 2010 with “When you Wish Upon a Star.”

Wish I could have been there.

My son was on the field and it took my breath away...literally! Unbelievable!

......more about this later today.

It was delicious. Started with excerpts from their 1990 and 1991 shows (opened with the Belshazaar opening hit). Then went backwards to do some ET and Porgy & Bess. Then Holst's Fantasia on the Dargason. Then did Amber Waves, then ended with Medea.

Thanks for the corrections, minqusmonk :) I actually don't know the Holst piece by that name -- just as "2nd Suite in F"

Edited by chris ncsu

Loved it!! Teared me up a bit........sometimes forget just how much I miss them!

Great playing. The presentation was a bit cheesy but good overall. A bit of a letdown after Cavies, Anahiem, and Madison though.

In between pieces they had videos of great quotes from staff as well as a tribute to Zingali. I believe Donny, Dennis and Mason as well as bid of Mr. Cook and a shot of him in the crowd.

Sitting with 3 people who never got to see them live outside of Blast, as we walked out, they said these words:

"now we understand".

Thank you Star. Thank you so much

It was delicious. Started with excerpts from their 1990 and 1991 shows (opened with the Belshazaar opening hit). Then went backwards to do some ET and Porgy & Bess. Then Holst's Fantasia on the Dragon Dargason. Then did Autumn Amber Waves, then ended with Medea.

They were great! The end when they played when you wish up on a star for the ageouts was fantastic!

No cross to cross tho....!