Madison Scouts 2011

As a thought why doesn't the city of Madison Wi step up to the plate and provide SOMEWHERE better to rehearse?

As a thought why doesn't the city of Madison Wi step up to the plate and provide SOMEWHERE better to rehearse?

Exactly. When Madison area was experiencing major flooding last spring (or the one before) the Scouts took time out of camp to help sandbag at the hardest hit areas. Madison has not gone out of their way in the least to support the Scouts as of late, at least as far as I can see.

Exactly. When Madison area was experiencing major flooding last spring (or the one before) the Scouts took time out of camp to help sandbag at the hardest hit areas. Madison has not gone out of their way in the least to support the Scouts as of late, at least as far as I can see.

That was in Baraboo, an hour outside of Madison, where the Scouts held everydays for a few years. Their winter camps were

held in Waunakee. Its been quite a while since they've rehearsed in Madison. Believe me, as a person involved in every flight, bus ride etc. for the 3 years prior to last winter, getting members and staff in and out of Madison in the winter is a major ordeal.

I couldn't agree with "craiga" more. I am happy to see the Scouts and others doing what they have to do to adapt to the new world of drum corps. Do I miss the Scouts being around in the winter, sure I do. But one year later I can see that what they are doing is in fact working and I couldn't be happier for them.

And as usual thanks to Chris for coming on here and laying out the facts for everyone. Also thanks to Chris for getting the corps straightened out financially and competitively.

GO SCOUTS. Can't wait for the 2011 product to hit the field.

Then why are people getting so upset about it right now?

Because it's DCP

• Like 1

Speaking as a 50 year old, I don't give a rat's arse where they park their busses, where they rehearse, or where their kids are from. The are the Madison Scouts. Period.

I do NOT understand why more people here don't applaud corps like Madison, Blue Stars, and Boston for making decisions to ensure their survival. Don't folks realize that without these kinds of moves, corps like this would probably end up on the "Dead Corps List" like so many others who did NOT adapt to the changing world????

Sheesh! :thumbdown:

THIS! I just wish many other corps had had the forethought to do this long ago, before their demise. I think another one that can be thrown in this list is the Crossmen. Texas was truly a survival move for them, IMHO.

Speaking as a 50 year old, I don't give a rat's arse where they park their busses, where they rehearse, or where their kids are from. The are the Madison Scouts. Period.

I do NOT understand why more people here don't applaud corps like Madison, Blue Stars, and Boston for making decisions to ensure their survival. Don't folks realize that without these kinds of moves, corps like this would probably end up on the "Dead Corps List" like so many others who did NOT adapt to the changing world????

Sheesh! :thumbdown:

Hear, hear (speaking as a 52-year-old)! Bravo! :thumbup:

THIS! I just wish many other corps had had the forethought to do this long ago, before their demise. I think another one that can be thrown in this list is the Crossmen. Texas was truly a survival move for them, IMHO.

well if other local options had been allowed to be looked at, maybe not. but what's done is done

Your prayers have been answered ... Madison Scouts will be practicing in MADISON on 8 and 9 July. Oh and they did that last year too on 2 and 3 July. SO all you Madison Scouts fans that live in MADISON get out and support the corps. PS it wouldn't hurt if you bought a t-shirt either.