Madison Scouts 2011

Gone are the days of splicing the tracks and writing the brass charts, then handing things over to the percussion guys with liner notes saying when there needed to be a fill or break etc. It's all design by committee and the visual guys are at the head of the table with just about every organization out there.

:tongue:

• Like 1

Madison played it in 2000,I believe

They played it in 1999.

2000 was the Cossack Brotherhood show.

In 2011, they will be playing the jazz version of Mary Poppins. :tongue:

In 2011, they will be playing the jazz version of Mary Poppins.

Yes I have heard the source material that Jim Mason found for the 2011 show. Sammy Nestico took the best loved themes from this movie and infused heavy jazz grooves and made it into an instant classic. I think the Mary Poppins themes are going to be great for the Scouts. This will indeed go down as a Madison Classic for sure!!!!!

Jazz, Mary Poppins and the Madison Scouts-Awesome!

Edited by Legolaus

Yes I have heard the source material that Jim Mason found for the 2011 show. Sammy Nestico took the best loved themes from this movie and infused heavy jazz grooves and made it into an instant classic. I think the Mary Poppins themes are going to be great for the Scouts. This will indeed go down as a Madison Classic for sure!!!!!

Jazz, Mary Poppins and the Madison Scouts-Awesome!

The only thing that would be more exciting is if they played Stravinski's experimental

Jazz version of "Shave and a Haircut". I heard that Capital Sound was going to do this as

their 95 opener instead of Man Of La Macha, but the Corps Director wussed out and

went with the more conventional piece. :tongue:

My educated guess would be a show based on the Wizard of Oz... :tongue:

• Like 1

My educated guess would be a show based on the Wizard of Oz... :tongue:

I think they're going to play "Ooompa Loompa" selections from "Willie Wonka" & "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"! :tongue: