Cadets Design Team Begins 2011 Show Planning

As much as I love the Cadets, I'm hesitant to get excited about 2011 until I see where they go with the show concept. The Cadets of recent years always seem to find some element to include in their show that tends to alienate many of the fans. Musically speaking, the Cadets are always one of my favorite corps, concept wise, they have been one of my least favorite in recent years. As an example, 2010 could have been so great, however, we all know what part of the 2010 show turned off many fans (and not just the Cadets bashers, some diehard Cadets fans were frustrated with that show).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performing their 2011 program, "MOVE," Drum Corps International is proud to present....The Cadets!

Personally, I like the concept, but not the title. It sounds stationary, contradicting the purpose.

Edited by bccadet09

Still, a lot of it depends on the concept and how they arrange it.

I just don't see Robert Palmer being the ballad.

This would not be the ballad. I was also at the Webinar on Sunday.

the ballad they they are most likely considering is the theme from the 1997 movie "Contact" and written by Alan Silvestri.

Here is a link to the the possible ballad...

which, IMO, is one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever heard

Sweet!

Contact is one of my favorite movies . . .the score is immensely underrated. Show sounds better and better!

agreed! One of my fav movies as well. Score is very underrated. It's beautiful. I actually think I have the soundtrack on CD lying around somewhere :spitting:

a great choice for a drum corps ballad.

No, thank you. If we have Crown, BD, BC, Cavies, Vanguard, Blue Stars all doing "dark" than we certainly don't need another!

Crown and SCV did dark recently?

I mean, Crown did have abuse in their show (rifle guy beating a flag girl) but I don't recall much else darkness. Also, I don't consider Bartok that dark. Just...a little out there.

"MOVE" has got to be the worst drum corps show title I've heard since Madison used Spanish words in their show titles that sound horrible when spoken in an American English accent.

So this is Robert Palmer's "Simply Irresistible"...

Ha! A "very very oldddd song" says the person who posted that video -- which isn't the actual iconic

but just a picture of Palmer with the song playing. Will Cadets' go with the bored-model look? And does the song hold up without vocals? I hope so!

"Sing Sing Sing" was of course written by Louis Prima not Benny Goodman, though the latter led its best-known performance.