Good News for West Coasters

So, it's a bad thing that people get more corps out on the West Coast? Us West Coast fans usually get screwed over for the DCI season, the entire tour leaves us after 4th of July, and we usually only get the same 5 or 6 corps every night out here. I think it's a great idea that they're pulling more corps out to the West. I say bring more of them out here. All of this talk about it just being a power play by the Top 7 is stupid. They're not trying to steal money from the other corps. They're just expanding their tour, to allow for them to perform in front of other fans, and help recruitment on the west coast. Plain and simple. No one said a word when Cavies came out here in 09, or when Cadets came out to Denver last year. If the west coast corps went to the east coast to start their tour, what would the reaction be?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it's a bad thing that people get more corps out on the West Coast? Us West Coast fans usually get screwed over for the DCI season, the entire tour leaves us after 4th of July, and we usually only get the same 5 or 6 corps every night out here. I think it's a great idea that they're pulling more corps out to the West. I say bring more of them out here. All of this talk about it just being a power play by the Top 7 is stupid. They're not trying to steal money from the other corps. They're just expanding their tour, to allow for them to perform in front of other fans, and help recruitment on the west coast. Plain and simple. No one said a word when Cavies came out here in 09, or when Cadets came out to Denver last year. If the west coast corps went to the east coast to start their tour, what would the reaction be?

:tongue:

I'm guessing neither of you read the entire post of anyone who had anything negative to say about this topic.

It has nothing to do with shorting fans on the West Coast. It has nothing to do with wishing to deny members of the other corps the opportunity to tour out West.

It has everything to do with Hypocrisy. The loudest decenter with regards to tour cost effectiveness and sustainability issues with regards to the modern tour ....... is now taking their corps out West and taking the one corps in the top 8 that struggles the most financially with them. Yeah ..... it's stupidity and hypocrisy on every level.

Send out Cavies and Bluecoats. There would be fewer complaints .. but the same issues sited above would be raised no matter which corps went out there.

Yay for the fans!!!!! Yay for the kids!!!!!!

yadda yadda yowzahhhhh

I'm guessing neither of you read the entire post of anyone who had anything negative to say about this topic.

It has nothing to do with shorting fans on the West Coast. It has nothing to do with wishing to deny members of the other corps the opportunity to tour out West.

It has everything to do with Hypocrisy. The loudest decenter with regards to tour cost effectiveness and sustainability issues with regards to the modern tour ....... is now taking their corps out West and taking the one corps in the top 8 that struggles the most financially with them. Yeah ..... it's stupidity and hypocrisy on every level.

Send out Cavies and Bluecoats. There would be fewer complaints .. but the same issues sited above would be raised no matter which corps went out there.

Yay for the fans!!!!! Yay for the kids!!!!!!

yadda yadda yowzahhhhh

What exactly are Regiment's financials looking like now? Actual #'s, I mean. (I'm assuming you must have them...)

I think we have gotten to a point out here in California, where almost every show is like a West regional. Even when SCV and BD go on tour- we still have huge shows. Impulse show and Dream show last year, as well as Renegades show- those shows felt like regionals in the amount of corps present

Hence, having Cadets out here, and Phantom is gravy to me. I am greatly looking forward to a loaded DCI West @ Stanford this year. With Cadets and Phantom present, that show could be 20 corps. If it is that Cadets and Phantom will be at Riverside and Walnut... I can see a lineup of Academy, PC, Mandarins, SCV, BD, Cadets, and Phantom for World. 6-8 corps in Open Class, and SoCal Dream in All Age. I dont know if Riverside Community College can hold all the busses.....buts thats a good problem to have. :tongue:

Edited by Dmlkmen

You can't be serious.

If memory serves Phantom was half a million in debt a few years back. They've fixed that issue, but it was an issue. Touring extensively could have been part of the mounting debt.

Well, there was a story back in 2005 about a default on a loan they took out in 2000 for debt incurred in the 90's--is that what you were referring to, or something more recent?

I think we have gotten to a point out here in California, where almost every show is like a West regional. Even when SCV and BD go on tour- we still have huge shows. Impulse show and Dream show last year, as well as Renegades show- those shows felt like regionals in the amount of corps present

Hence, having Cadets out here, and Phantom is gravy to me. I am greatly looking forward to a loaded DCI West @ Stanford this year. With Cadets and Phantom present, that show could be 20 corps. If it is that Cadets and Phantom will be at Riverside and Walnut... I can see a lineup of Academy, PC, Mandarins, SCV, BD, Cadets, and Phantom for World. 6-8 corps in Open Class, and SoCal Dream in All Age. I dont know if Riverside Community College can hold all the busses.....buts thats a good problem to have. :tongue:

:smile::blink::laughing::tongue::smile:

Or during. The G7 were not exactly the "top 7" when they formed their little club.

P.S. When was the top 5 ever a noted subset of world-class? I don't recall any time since the 1966 AL finals where top 5 was a criterion of particular public significance.

Whaaaat? The Top 5 mattered when the Finals were on TV. The Top 5 made the broadcast. Have you forgotten? The Top 5 was da bomb.

About Frakkin' time.