SCV 2011

Ah Google and Wikipedia, is there nothing you can't do?

I had never heard of Avner Dorman until a half hour ago, but according to his Wikipedia page, one of his compositions is called "Lost Souls", which would fit the theme of the show perfectly. The piece itself (easy enough to find through Google) sounds like a perfect fit with the Ligeti, too, particularly parts of the 1st and 3rd movements (disclaimer: I have no inside info whatsoever).

It's not going to be Ballet for Martha II for sure, but it does sound like the show is going to be exciting.

Edited by vanguard87

Ligeti is one of my favorite modern composers. Really excited to see that a corps is finally taking a stab at his music. Warning, though - if you thought that Bartok's music was "out there," Ligeti's music finds that line and rockets WAY past it.

Wow. Listened to the piece on youtube. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Can. Not. Wait.

YES!!! Love it SCV.

Here's the Greg Anderson performance of "The Devil's Staircase" if anyone is wondering. Very Cool.

I wonder if they'll use Ligeti's "Vertige" too...? (Etude #9)

It goes the opposite way though lol.

(on Piano-Roll because it's near-impossible to play for humans)

reminds me feel wise of some of the early 2000's stuff

While I can say you can hear pretty clearly where they're going to go with it, it's also going to be part of a show that is going to leave a lot of folks scratching their heads.

Really? How would one manifest into music the act of crawling their way out of Hell? I'd say it's a pretty good depiction. Whether people like it or "get it," I think, are two different questions.

Can't wait to hear Rennick's score to that piece, but i gotta after say after about 20 secs or so i had to work at enjoying the music.

i agree...after about 20 seconds i think i got a migraine. forced myself to listen to the whole thing...fan-friendly this piece is not. definitly will be interesting to see how this develops.

Lets see, now we have Angels in a good v evil way(cadets), Devils(SCV), Vampires?(phantom or glassmen), Revolution(boston) are we gonna get any happy shows this year?

Edited by GREENBLUE