Amplification/Electronics: 2011 Season

Can someone just PM me when someone talks about the 2011 Cadets show?

Can someone just PM me when someone talks about the 2011 Cadets show?

Sure. Will you be sitting by your computer in, let's say, July?

No, it wasn't. There was very clearly someone jamming down his fingers on a synthesizer whose volume was turned up to eleven. It was very noticeable and approached the brass sound in volume. Except one was an acoustic brass sound and the other was an electronically produced sound with zero acoustic analog, whose volume was entirely artificial and at the whim of a knob.

I love it... Arguing with one of that seasons MM's as to the instrumentation used... I would go with the person in the show's opinion before yours my friend.. In fact I believe it is the height of arrogance to argue with someone with that much intimate knowledge of the show you guys are bantering about... :thumbdown:

• Like 2

I love it... Arguing with one of that seasons MM's as to the instrumentation used... I would go with the person in the show's opinion before yours my friend.. In fact I believe it is the height of arrogance to argue with someone with that much intimate knowledge of the show you guys are bantering about... :thumbdown:

I thought it was funny as well. :worthy:

isn't this about the same piece where the ARRANGER posted that it was indeed present, and indeed a problem?

RIF

Have you listened to it yourself?

I as much as you want those resolved.

it won't happen unless the judges force the change. Even at the band level, judges fear being "that guy" that calls it out

True... maybe then it'll be a different to actually keep the vocals this time? Just for ##### and giggles? lol!

or, set the kid up for ridicule if not done well. that has happened before

If you say so. I never saw anything from Key, and maybe I was just in a wrong spot in the drill, and can't hear what anyone is talking about on the recordings. I'm not going to argue with anyone about this anymore. I know what I could and still can hear, but apparently other people hear other things. That's just the way it is.

well far be it for me to argue with the guy who wrote it and said it

:rolleyes:

No, you misunderstand my position and my "opinion". My opinion is to change judging rules so that corps can decide what the definition of drum corp is. If corps feel the definition of drum corps is no-synths, g bugles, and no mics, then let them do that! Whatever is stopping corps from expressing their true expression of what drum corps is should be killed. Cadets have a different definition of what drum corps than say Madison. So, let those corps do what they want.

Why are you so worried that drum corps will lose its defining qualities? Frankly, I have confidence that corps will give fans a good variety of "old school" drum corps and modern drum corps if only the rules of judging were changed. What so wrong about that opinion?!

And I say there is "no definition" of what drum corps is very lightly. I don't mean it to sound as radical as it does. It just means that corps want to be drum corps. IT is inherent in the activity to stand out among other musical performing groups. NOTHING will change that aspect of drum corps. People love drum corps for whatever reason and those reasons are similar at some common level and frankly I don't think any amount of G bugles, synth, themes, body movement, voice, woodwinds or anything else added to the mix will erode that.

I'm just saying that if a corps values of what drum corps is changes that corps should be able to do what it wants. IF you say that drum corps should only be a certain way then I'm sure there are corps out there that share your opinion and will be willing to perform a show that fits your view of what drum corps should be. And each corps will have a right to perform in a way that best fits with what their definition of drum corps is.

Again, I'm confident that no matter what a corps does it will not erode the activity in any way. It will not erode what distinguishes drum corps and it will not cause the downfall of drum corps as others may believe. This is why I'm confident that if corps didn't feel obligated to put on a show in a certain way that everyone will get more of what they want.

psst...the corps make the rules, so they already decide what drum corps is. they deice a lot of things, and as a result, we see DCi losing more fans ever year.

so really, we have these guys crying the system of touring they created as being a failure, and trying to change things in a way that only favor a few. Are you really sure we want these guys to have carte blanche even more than they already do?