Pioneer

The problem isn't the class they're in, or the number of shows or the......God do I really need to say again what the problem is?

The RIGHT director, makes all the difference. I realize not everything is about the Blue Stars, but if ever there was an example of the right stuff bringing a small corps into greatness.....

It is all about the leadership.

• Like 1

The problem isn't the class they're in, or the number of shows or the......God do I really need to say again what the problem is?

The RIGHT director, makes all the difference. I realize not everything is about the Blue Stars, but if ever there was an example of the right stuff bringing a small corps into greatness.....

It is all about the leadership.

You can also look at Jersey Surf and Teal Sound as examples of building the right way. Oh, and programming, recruiting, staffing...

STOP!

If anyone has CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, please address it to the Pioneer board of directors or the executive director. The address is easily obtainable by visiting the Pioneer website.

An open letter to the members of the 2011 Pioneer -

Wow, you kids have your work cut out for you. I state that in the most encouraging way. I know your knowledgeable staff has probably conveyed that to you in their own way but I would like to take some time to convey to you as a fan and a proud Milwaukee resident what your undertaking this season means to me. I know without a doubt that you will be putting out an entertaining show. I know without a doubt that you are working hard to execute that entertaining show. I know without a doubt that you are being fed properly, guided properly and you have a network of people who care about you. I also know without a doubt you have a great responsibility being placed upon your shoulders. I know without a doubt you will rise to meet this challenge.

If I may be so presumptuous I would like to compare you to the 2011 Santa Clara Vanguard. So many people on this forum have said what SCV is trying to achieve this season is unobtainable. "The worst brass in years", "Their brass bites", blah, blah, blah. What you are trying to achieve is just as impressive as the Santa Clara Vanguard if not more so. Every one of your brass players is working to achieve the same impact as a line four times your size. You will impress. You will achieve. You will get better every day.

I know without a doubt your staff is putting forth every effort to make you better people, better musicians, better performers. You have a once in a lifetime chance to push yourselves beyond what you thought possible. Relish this chance. I know without a doubt you will look back at the Summer of 2011 and say, "I was better every day".

Cheers to you members of Pioneer 2011!

Edited by warsawstory
  • Like 1

You can also look at Jersey Surf and Teal Sound as examples of building the right way. Oh, and programming, recruiting, staffing...

well teal could use a better visual team or some of them..i know youre with them or were and mean no disrespect JMO

STOP!

If anyone has CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, please address it to the Pioneer board of directors or the executive director. The address is easily obtainable by visiting the Pioneer website.

An open letter to the members of the 2011 Pioneer -

Wow, you kids have your work cut out for you. I state that in the most encouraging way. I know your knowledgeable staff has probably conveyed that to you in their own way but I would like to take some time to convey to you as a fan and a proud Milwaukee resident what your undertaking this season means to me. I know without a doubt that you will be putting out an entertaining show. I know without a doubt that you are working hard to execute that entertaining show. I know without a doubt that you are being fed properly, guided properly and you have a network of people who care about you. I also know without a doubt you have a great responsibility being placed upon your shoulders. I know without a doubt you will rise to meet this challenge.

If I may be so presumptuous I would like to compare you to the 2011 Santa Clara Vanguard. So many people on this forum have said what SCV is trying to achieve this season is unobtainable. "The worst brass in years", "Their brass bites", blah, blah, blah. What you are trying to achieve is just as impressive as the Santa Clara Vanguard if not more so. Every one of your brass players is working to achieve the same impact as a line four times your size. You will impress. You will achieve. You will get better every day.

I know without a doubt your staff is putting forth every effort to make you better people, better musicians, better performers. You have a once in a lifetime chance to push yourselves beyond what you thought possible. Relish this chance. I know without a doubt you will look back at the Summer of 2011 and say, "I was better every day".

Cheers to you members of Pioneer 2011!

Lots of EMOTION going on in this thread. I think you have the right idea with your post. The kids and staff need to just have fun...

Have Fun PIONEER!

Edited by thirdcoast

Guys... I'm not a moderator here, but I would like to ask everyone to remain on topic and refrain from anything that might resemble a personal attack or so forth. I see this thread quickly qoing the way of the previous "Pioneer - What Now?" thread... And I for one would like to see this thread stay open and unlocked!

Thanks!

You know chief, people sometimes need to let things out. Right or wrong, the mods. do a pretty good job at making sure that things dont get out of control. Ya gotta believe... GO PIONEER!

Edited by thirdcoast
  • Like 2

Pioneer is the only WC corps I can think of that's still willing to take kids off the street and train them from square one. That is NOT a lack of leadership. I would say that it's quite to the contrary and I for one salute them for it.

• Like 4

Pioneer is the only WC corps I can think of that's still willing to take kids off the street and train them from square one. That is NOT a lack of leadership. I would say that it's quite to the contrary and I for one salute them for it.

+1

• Like 1

By choice or necessity? With the numbers being reported, it sounds more like necessity to me.

They are not the only corps that's taken those with little experience. I know we took some with little to no brass experience in 05\06. However, as you move up the ranks, it doesnt happen because there are already usually more applicants than spots, and most of those do have experience. It would make little sense, and would diminish the experience for those with experience, as more time would have to be wasted on teaching the basics than moving on to more advanced training. (similar to dropping a 2nd grader into a college math class and the prof having to spend the whole class explaining basic math.. everyone who paid for the class loses)

Edited by AlexL