Cadets Uniform

I think that would require the Cadets to come up with a worse uniform than Crown did last year. That would be hard to top. :tongue:

I don't know. The colors right down to the brass horns made a lot of sense with the theme of the show. It was not my favorite uniform of all times by any means but someone with a great seance of style and fashion nailed it with that ensemble.

I mean how many times have we seen where the Guard and front Ensemble uniforms made no sense whatsoever with the corps proper uniforms???

• Like 2

I'm really interested in seeing the change based on all these discussions.

I was going to post how "change is constant" but then thought about how I would feel if Phantom switched to shakos (which they started with originally). I would not be happy at all.

Its too bad the Internet wasn't around when similar things occurred in the past. I'm sure Blue Devils switching to gray in the late 80's ###### off quite a few people....

Im all about tradition but the Cadets uniform is a bit outdated by todays standards. Its a bit drab and unappealing when compared to the more modern uniforms.

I think they should have made subtle changes too it over the years to evolve into something more modern but given the Cadets history,,they cannot evolve into anything. They just have to go off the deep end head first into areas they know are going to create buzz with the fans.

Like I said above, I think not only The Cadets uniform and colors are outdated, but so arn't the NY Yankees pinstripes. While we're at it, we should change the Michigan Wolverine's football helmut, Texas Longhorn helmuts, Montreal Canadians uniforms, Indiana Hoosiers need more blue in their uniforms, and the LA Lakers need to change to red for more color. The Green Bay Packers uniform seems outdated too. Green and Yellow don't blend that well. I'd like them to adopt the Pittsburgh Steelers colors of yellow and black. The Georgetwon Hoyas and the Oakland Raiders need to change the silver and black colors and go with someting a little more softer... like peach or pink.

That said, if the Oregon Ducks or the Boise State Broncos want to keep their uniforms and field colors, then it really is their choice. But I might consider doing something else well before the NY Yankees drop their pinstripes, and the Boston Celtics don the color orange instead of green.

Edited by BRASSO

OK, I can understand that.

But does changing what they wear on the field make them any less "Cadets"?

for the same reason the Caballeros in 93 received holy hell for changing from their traditional uniforms.

and why the Yankees haven't changed since...um....ever?

I can see why alumni are ###### off. I'm not sure I care either way, but I know the hell my corps caught when we were supposed to be the corps in black and blue and we were in blue and white.

Now, if this hits them in the donation fund hard, lesson learned.

• Like 2

Like I said above, I think not only The Cadets uniform and colors are outdated, but so arn't the NY Yankees pinstripes. While we're at it, we should change the Michigan Wolverine's football helmut, Texas Longhorn helmuts, Montreal Canadians uniforms, Indiana Hoosiers need more blue in their uniforms, and the LA Lakers need to change to red for more color. The Green Bay Packers uniform seems outdated too. Green and Yellow don't blend that well. I'd like them to adopt the Pittsburgh Steelers colors of yellow and black. The Georgetwon Hoyas and the Oakland Raiders need to change the silver and black colors and go with someting a little more softer... like peach or pink.

That said, if the Oregon Ducks or the Boise State Broncos want to keep their uniforms and field colors, then it really is their choice. But I might consider doing something else well before the NY Yankees drop their pinstripes, and the Boston Celtics don the color orange instead of green.

I do not get your posts at all... what the heck?

• Like 1

I don't know. The colors right down to the brass horns made a lot of sense with the theme of the show. It was not my favorite uniform of all times by any means but someone with a great seance of style and fashion nailed it with that ensemble.

I mean how many times have we seen where the Guard and front Ensemble uniforms made no sense whatsoever with the corps proper uniforms???

Shh... this is DCP. No sensible opinions are allowed :peek:

• Like 2

I do not get your posts at all... what the heck?

guess you dont follow sports eh?

• Like 1

No... I don't see the point Brasso is trying to make...

to many alumni, some traditions are sacred. however for newer players to the game, they have no tradition so anything goes.

so the Cadets, like Michigan, Notre Dame, the Yankees, stick with the tried and true. hell, you want a look that hasn't changed, look at Penn State. JoePa still won't put names on the back of the jerseys, and it won't change until he dies or retires. If it does change, watch alumni #####.

however Oregon, who has pretty much sucked to mediocre for decades til recently, have 800000000 variations of their uniform. Hell, they have more combos than garanimals did in their heyday. And no one cares up there, because now it's part of a successful image.

Imagine ol Hank Steinbrenner saying "I think it's time to change the Yankees look". I mean my God, NYC will implode.

• Like 1

Is this thread serious right now? George wrote on his facebook wall (for those of you who haven't been defriended yet) that they're wearing WGIish unis (black and gold) along with black plumes. Should be interesting.

• Like 2