Cadets Uniform

Is this thread serious right now? George wrote on his facebook wall (for those of you who haven't been defriended yet) that they're wearing WGIish unis (black and gold) along with black plumes. Should be interesting.

Can you share the link to that wall post? I must have missed it.

• Like 3

Didn't they just adopt a new logo that emphasizes an element of their "classic, unchanging, timeless" uniform? What a bunch of hypocritical BS. George is reaching new levels of creative bankruptcy.

A Cadets alum

• Like 5

Didn't they just adopt a new logo that emphasizes an element of their "classic, unchanging, timeless" uniform? What a bunch of hypocritical BS. George is reaching new levels of creative bankruptcy.

A Cadets alum

I think the logo was more to represent the corps as a whole, not just the uniform.

Edit: Misread the quote. But I have a feeling the chevron you're referring to is still gonna be on the uni. Could be wrong though.

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 1

A Cadets alum

Do you know how much of the uniform will actually change then? since you are so upset?

Is this thread serious right now? George wrote on his facebook wall (for those of you who haven't been defriended yet) that they're wearing WGIish unis (black and gold) along with black plumes. Should be interesting.

That is false. No such post exists.

from what I've heard, the change will be quite dramatic.

like big time.

but "dramatic" has different meanings for different people.

Just like I said before, this thread will only be about what the definition of "change" is.. we have nothing except the word "change" in discussing this. Big or small... no one knows for certain because there is no description or information from the Cadets (directly).

Just like I said before, this thread will only be about what the definition of "change" is.. we have nothing except the word "change" in discussing this. Big or small... no one knows for certain because there is no description or information from the Cadets (directly).

I agree. The degree and eccentricity of "change" is purely in the eye of the beholder. People everywhere (not just on here) love to conflate their opinions to absurd levels. Taste in any medium (uniform "fahion" or otherwise) is subjective. It just is.

Personally, I usually only care about the music. I love drill, too, but music is most important to me. Custom brass choir arrangements by the best in the business blow me away pretty consistently every year.

I'm going out on a limb here, but the uniform has really very little impact on the majority of what I care about.