Cadets Uniform

Well, who knows.. maybe the Holy Name Cadets from Garfield, New Jersey will come out in golf shirts and shorts this year. Maybe Geoffs attire last year was a trial balloon.

Look, something that has worked for 50 years may not work any more. Lets see what costumes this Corps comes out with this year before jumping to conclusions. Besides, the costumes might fit this year's theme better than what they've had for 50 years. ( ps... I also think the NY Yankees need to change their pinstripes. It's just not keeping up with the times any more for them now either, imo. )

Actually, after Holy Name before they got the current/ old uniform there was a period of time they wore golf shirts and shorts and knee socks.. On another note, I heard from some friends when hopkins announced it at an alumni meeting recently in NJ several walked out on him.................... I do think change is always needed BUT I also think so many of the jump suitie type costumes out of some catalog may not be the way to go. They are classic and works so well....JMO

I do think change is always needed BUT I also think so many of the jump suitie type costumes out of some catalog may not be the way to go. They are classic and works so well....JMO

Just keeping things in perspective by saying that there is no evidence that the uniforms will be "jump suite types". There is no information on what this "change" actually consists of.

How?

That they might carry a formal uni, and change costumes annually. Increased overhead and expense ... to be able to appeal to sponsors.

Edited by mingusmonk

Actually, after Holy Name before they got the current/ old uniform there was a period of time they wore golf shirts and shorts and knee socks.. On another note, I heard from some friends when hopkins announced it at an alumni meeting recently in NJ several walked out on him.................... I do think change is always needed BUT I also think so many of the jump suitie type costumes out of some catalog may not be the way to go. They are classic and works so well....JMO

Maybe The Cadets will come out with last years Blue Devils uniforms and the Blue Devils will come out and wear The Cadets uniforms. I think that'd work for most.

Besides, if BD wore The Cadets uniforms, they'd still be the Blue Devils. It's not the uniform that makes them who they are ( as many others here have told us ).

Also, maybe Crown could march in The Cavaliers uniforms, and The Cavaliers could martch in Crown's uniforms...head gear included. If the Cavs go out next year in brown and vanilla... they'd still be The Cavaliers. And if Phantom Regiment donned Troopers blue, and headgear, well... the uniforms don't make the Corps Members. You can still be a Phantom Regiment performer if you wear a Trooper uni, including cowboy head gear, and you can still be with the Troopers from Wyoming with a Phantom Regiment style uniform. You're not a Boston Crusader because you donned the red, black, and white. You could just as easily be a Boston Crusader with ( say ) lime green, white, and yellow uniforms and a ( say ) Bridgemen style head gear this year. Remember.... it's not the uniform costume. You are who you are no matter where you're from or what or what uniform style you wear, or the colors that you wear.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

(although I do have an attachment to The Cavaliers' uniforms (the 2010 changes went a little too far for my taste)).

just curious-what aspect(s) went too far for you?

I dunno -- I think the double-sided uniform was more than a "slight" alteration.

All those who complained about Crown's uniform last year will probably have lots more to complain about this season :ph34r:

I was actually going to bring this up. Someone before said that this would be the start of seasonal "costumes". First of all, these aren't freaking costumes by any corps except for Crown, which is a decision by their corps and that is perfectly okay. Just because corps don't use G bugles any more doesn't mean that Drum Corps no longer exists. Rant - off.

Anyways, Crowns uniform has changed drastically from 06-07-08-09-10 and I will second this when I say their uniform will make peoples heads spin this year. If you thought little Geoffrey was a gimmick, strap in drum corps fans.

Edit: (gosh I am doing this a lot now) - Corpsband, I TOTALLY just got your signature. That is too funny

Edited by brassEXPERT
  • Like 2

Why was the topic closed? It's on their facebook page, multiple alumni have stated that Rudy Heimbecker confirmed that they were changing uniforms at the alumni meeting last night, there are meeting recaps online. Here's one example that is public for anyone to see. I'm not even friends with him.

It's funny how DCP allows so many "rumors" but then shuts down anything controversial because it's not an official press release. Maybe we shouldn't be allowed to talk about anything on here unless the corps puts out an official press release allowing us too.

Just another reason Facebook is becoming the information highway for drum corps news and videos.

Im all about tradition but the Cadets uniform is a bit outdated by todays standards. Its a bit drab and unappealing when compared to the more modern uniforms.

I think they should have made subtle changes too it over the years to evolve into something more modern but given the Cadets history,,they cannot evolve into anything. They just have to go off the deep end head first into areas they know are going to create buzz with the fans.

• Like 1