Cadets Uniform

Like I said above, I think not only The Cadets uniform and colors are outdated, but so arn't the NY Yankees pinstripes. While we're at it, we should change the Michigan Wolverine's football helmut, Texas Longhorn helmuts, Montreal Canadians uniforms, Indiana Hoosiers need more blue in their uniforms, and the LA Lakers need to change to red for more color. The Green Bay Packers uniform seems outdated too. Green and Yellow don't blend that well. I'd like them to adopt the Pittsburgh Steelers colors of yellow and black. The Georgetwon Hoyas and the Oakland Raiders need to change the silver and black colors and go with someting a little more softer... like peach or pink.

That said, if the Oregon Ducks or the Boise State Broncos want to keep their uniforms and field colors, then it really is their choice. But I might consider doing something else well before the NY Yankees drop their pinstripes, and the Boston Celtics don the color orange instead of green.

I feel your pain.

On a side note, I hear major league baseball will allow aluminum bats next year.

This thread is failing quickly......

Didn't they just adopt a new logo that emphasizes an element of their "classic, unchanging, timeless" uniform? What a bunch of hypocritical BS. George is reaching new levels of creative bankruptcy.

A Cadets alum

Can we see a picture of it first???

don't let it get doomed.

transcend it instead of adding to it.

IMO, the cadets are the best at going WAAAAY outside the box conceptually, and making it work.

sure, sometimes it bombs, but the cadets are at their best when pushing the boundaries of what is "traditionally" considered good. that's true whether we're talking about their dynasty in the early 80s, or the incredible innovation they showed in 2005.

it's mind-blowing to me that alums of the cadets from the early-mid 80s (or who love that time) would so vehemently oppose the cadets' choice to push boundaries. it's where the good stuff is for corps of the calibre of the cadets, imo.

• Like 1

Can we see a picture of it first???

Of course not.

It's got the "Hopkins" stamp on it. It's like a scarlet letter, but instead of labeling an adulterer, it is a harbinger of the end times. A little known fact... there are actually FIVE Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Scholars and theologians have debated on who this fifth might be, but after reading some of the comments here, I think it's pretty clear we have our man in George Hopkins.

/sarcasm

Now back to your regularly scheduled Armageddon.

Im all about tradition but the Cadets uniform is a bit outdated by todays standards. Its a bit drab and unappealing when compared to the more modern uniforms.

I think they should have made subtle changes too it over the years to evolve into something more modern but given the Cadets history,,they cannot evolve into anything. They just have to go off the deep end head first into areas they know are going to create buzz with the fans.

The Cadets uniform has been updated/changed over the years and is still the best looking uniform in drum corps. What they wear today is certainly more modern than what we wore in the eighties but still carries on the TRADITION. Outdated? :shutup:

This is so dumb. You guys are acting like the Cadets are changing their uniforms or something...

• Like 1