Cadets2

Ok, I can nip that one in the bud right now :)

If Cadets2 competes in DCI's Open or World Class, that will render them ineligible to compete in DCA at all. I personally delivered that message to Justin at our last meeting.

The sky is not falling people :)

DCA does not enforce any age rules on its member corps at all. If Cadets2 chooses to bounce their members at age 22, they certainly have the right to do that. We have had corps set bottom age limits - for example, not all that long ago, you had to be 21 to get into the CorpsVets. If someone wants to create a corps and require that everyone be 31 years old, well, they can do that to :)

Glen

Actually someone told me to check out George's FB page. He said would like the corps to also compete within DCI when local shows are in the area (PA/NJ). Not sure how that will work within the current DCA rules, nor do I think a weekend only rehearsal schedule would work when competing within DCI....

So,... George Hopkins taking a Corps into DCA is akin to Adolf Hitler's putting his boot into Austria, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Russia, and his Nazis Party incineration of millions of jews, communists, gypsies, et al ?

I don't like George Hopkins. But good grief Man, this is more than a little over the top as an analogy, doncha think ? Get a friggin' grip on perspective, ya know ?

I don't recall having written anyhting about Russia, Nazis, incineration, etc. I was referring to a technique of insinuating oneself a bit at a time - until there aren't any "bits" left. Perhaps you read a little too much into my post.

We do agree on one thing, however. I don't like George Hopkins either, but megalomania isn't confined to little short guys with funny mustaches.

I don't recall having written anyhting about Russia, Nazis, incineration, etc. I was referring to a technique of insinuating oneself a bit at a time - until there aren't any "bits" left. Perhaps you read a little too much into my post.

We do agree on one thing, however. I don't like George Hopkins either, but megalomania isn't confined to little short guys with funny mustaches.

i THINK MANY GOT THE REFERENCES....THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP :beer:

If Cadets2 competes in DCI's Open or World Class, that will render them ineligible to compete in DCA at all.

And to nip the next few pages of DCA being mean to George.....

That rule's been in effect since I was DCI eligible... .and marched in DCA/RCA....

• Like 1

It has been a while since i have posted in the threads but i felt it important to speak out on this one issue.

I welcome anyone to read Georges posts on his facebook where he replyed that being in a DCA realm he would not only be able to put this said corps into DCI shows as well but he would be able to recruit from his own circuit (USSBA).

Not to toot my own horn and belive me i am no fan of Mr Hopkins but he is looking to become a monopoly not just in DCI but to take control of DCA as well.

Now lets put this all in prospective and to make it perfectly clear. the man who is making this proposal is also the author of last years big topic and something that should be fresh in everyone's mind, a little thing called the "G7" he lost credibility in DCI so now he sets his sight on DCA.

Just something to think about while we all yell out about him building a corps out of the members he cuts from the world class Cadets, just so he can have a ready fit replacement when he loses members during the season.

• Like 1

And to nip the next few pages of DCA being mean to George.....

That rule's been in effect since I was DCI eligible... .and marched in DCA/RCA....

And DCA groups have been competing "AT" DCI shows for years. Much more so out west than other places.

BUT, They compete on DCA Scrore sheets against Other DCA, All Age groups Only.

Just something to think about while we all yell out about him building a corps out of the members he cuts from the world class Cadets, just so he can have a ready fit replacement when he loses members during the season.

Actually, this isn't a new concept at all. I was involved in an start-up all-age corps that had written into its bylaws - very clearly - that we would take individuals referred by any one of the four DCI corps within our geographic range and that those individuals would be free to rejoin that corps at any time during the season if they were needed - perhaps to replace an injury or for any other reason. And we had working arrangements with a couple of those corps to do exactly that. They would send us those people who just didn't quite make the audition cut and we would return them if needed.

Unfortunately, the all-age corps never really got off the ground, so the idea never came to fruition.

Tom P.

Could you please clarify?

Top 10 Corps - Open Class scores go into Finals.

Top 4 Corps - Class A go into Finals.

BUT, Is it?

TOP 10 North American Scoring Corps no matter what Divison?

OR,

Is it Top 10 North American Open Class Scores?

That get Voting rights Etc.

Do a search, this has been covered extensively before