Bluecoats announce their show!

Their show design seems to get more and more nebulous with each passing year - 2008's Knockout was the last one that really was clear to an audience without assistance.

That said, they managed to make some fairly conventional pieces groove *hard* in 2010, and with that they've earned enough cred in my heart to give them a chance with this, for sure.

Mike

• Like 2

of course, bloo originally inteneded to do the following show, but felt it would bet a bit too esoteric for joe drum corps fan:

"Foucault's Panopticon: Unwilling Prisoners of Modernity Striving to Understand a Postmodern Paradigm"

didn't BD do that last year?

• Like 4

The "quadriphonic sound" seems especially intriguing to me.

Definitely... Corps should be doing more with this. Love the effect! I wonder how well it will translate to recordings?

I don't trust them with Radiohead. Then again, I wouldn't trust anyone with Radiohead except for the Blue Devils.

I don't trust Radiohead with Radiohead.

I was kind of hoping they were doing

of "Creep"
  • Like 2

Anyone notice how everyone's show announcements thus far has been absolutely PERFECT for the corps? I mean "Brave New World"?! That fits EXACTLY with the Blue Coats image! It's just so interesting how I could just go down the title of the shows alone and you'd be able to know what corps is performing it! I think people listened to Cesario when he said to utilize your specific corps strengths and image!

"The beat my heart skipped" "Between Angels and Demons" "Rach Star" "XtraordinarY" "Juliet". It just all... Fits!

Anyway, I love it when corps take risks. Absolutely love it! It could be Avant Guard and people might complain but it's going to be something FRESH!

• Like 2

Anyone notice how everyone's show announcements thus far has been absolutely PERFECT for the corps? I mean "Brave New World"?! That fits EXACTLY with the Blue Coats image! It's just so interesting how I could just go down the title of the shows alone and you'd be able to know what corps is performing it! I think people listened to Cesario when he said to utilize your specific corps strengths and image!

"The beat my heart skipped" "Between Angels and Demons" "Rach Star" "XtraordinarY" "Juliet". It just all... Fits!

Anyway, I love it when corps take risks. Absolutely love it! It could be Avant Guard and people might complain but it's going to be something FRESH!

Ummm...who wouldve guessed the Cavies are doin a jazz influenced show, thats a surprise! Im sure theyll arrange the selections to fit their strengths, but definitly a different type of source material for them. Talk about takin on a risk.

Edited by GREENBLUE

I don't trust Radiohead with Radiohead.

I was kind of hoping they were doing

of "Creep"

I hear it is going to be Radiohead/Wu-Tang via Girl Talk.

(fwd to 2:52)

I have to agree. Seems like every announcement has been "Cool -- I can see that working for them" which could result is some VERY good drum corps this summer.

• Like 1