Dark N Light Light N Dark...Am I the Only One ?

Ok....I am getting tired of ranting out here(Believe it or not) but I just can't contain myself when it comes to reading another show description of dark vs. light. Really ? I mean how many times have dci corps drank from this well ? Did a rule pass a couple of seasons ago I missed requiring all dci corps to play a good vs. evil, light vs. dark show ?

Is this the best the creative staffs of dci can come up with ? man..... :shutup:

Am i the only one ? Does anyone else out here feel the same ?

• Like 5

I think it reflects out culture right now so I really can't blame them.

it's now like indoor percussion was with zombies a few years ago.....it goes in stages, kind of mirrors pop culture. Now in indoor we see shows about anxiety in life, teens today etc. DCi will latch onto a new trend soon

• Like 3

Ok....I am getting tired of ranting out here(Believe it or not) but I just can't contain myself when it comes to reading another show description of dark vs. light. Really ? I mean how many times have dci corps drank from this well ? Did a rule pass a couple of seasons ago I missed requiring all dci corps to play a good vs. evil, light vs. dark show ?

Is this the best the creative staffs of dci can come up with ? man..... :shutup:

I was actually thinking the same thing myself. It seems that the themes go in cycles, and what is "in " at present with many of the DCI show designers regarding themes seemingly is " Good vs. Evil " themes ( or the Light vs. the Darkness themes ) A few years ago it was " somebody is going to be murdered " themes... and before that, other themes revolved around " the galaxy out there " themes, and so forth as Themes Du Jour. I think your observation on themes is spot on, imo. That said, each of these themes of " Good vs. Evil " will probably have their own unique take on these concepts, so that could prove interesting it would seem to me.

Edited by BRASSO

Man, you are SO dark! :ph34r:

• Like 1

I think it reflects out culture right now so I really can't blame them.

I'm pretty confident that you believe the DCI show themes of late reflect " our culture " and not " out culture ", and it's a typo error.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2