2011 Uniforms

Those Academy uniforms are really zippy.

• Like 4

Madison... Don't change a thing... ever. With the exception of mabey dropping the black in the drop sash and adding red.

Blue Stars... Sorry, but I hate this uniform. I hate it so bad that anything to me would be better. But trying to be constructive, I would probably go with white pants and shoes.

For Madison I agree with everything you said, and I would adda few things; make the sash drop lower than the

belt (like in the 70s/80s), it looks kind of weird the way they had it last year - tucked into the belt.

Also, with the drums, put the harnesses under the shirt...over the shirt looks too busy.

I would love to see them with long sleeves, and finally, if they can march clean enough - SPATS!

As for Blue Stars, I agree. I didn't care for their 2010 uniform. I loved what they had in 2009.

It was very sharp and gave them great contrast under the lights!

Those Academy uniforms are really zippy.

With those uniforms, they'll likely bag a top 12 appearance.

(badum ching! thank you, I'll be here all week!)

• Like 1

I really thought BD adding the white plumes / vest accessory really brightened up the whole look of the uniform. I'm not so much a fan of the half cape or the track stripes, though. Honestly, for me if they'd just redo that same cut of jacket without those, I'd be a happy camper.

Mike

Agree 100%. I thought the white plumes and vest evoked the classic open jackets. Remove the cape and stripes and I am right there with you - I would be just fine with the current uniform.

I did download and listen to the 2011 show last night and they have...gasp...melody! I am so enthused about the musical book this year, I might be able to overlook all but the most bizarre uniform!

For Madison I agree with everything you said, and I would adda few things; make the sash drop lower than the

belt (like in the 70s/80s), it looks kind of weird the way they had it last year - tucked into the belt.

Also, with the drums, put the harnesses under the shirt...over the shirt looks too busy.

I would love to see them with long sleeves, and finally, if they can march clean enough - SPATS!

Putting the harness under a shirt that tucks in would look pretty strange. I think they should just paint those harnesses a nice explorer green and the have a sash over the top or maybe even painted on.

Maybe spats in August.

I agree on everything, except I think short-sleeves looks a little wonky. I'm sure it is absolutely awesome to march in for the members, but it just seems "weird" to me; if it was full sleeves I'd LOVE their uniform, even w/out any other changes (though I'd kinda like red sashes, and I think the lowered sash would have a cooler look, though it might clutter the look from the box a tad)