2011 Uniforms

Anyone have updates on some of these corps as to what changes, if any, we might expect to see:

Mandarins

Pacific Crest

Madison Scouts

Teal Sound

Jersey Surf

Boston

Crossmen

Some of these get less talk on here, so hoping this will spark some interest :tongue:

As for those that we have seen, I really like the Troopers look, particularly the corps. Very sharp! I think Phantom's are pretty cool, both corps proper and guard. I'll miss those guard uniforms from last year, but of course those wouldn't fit this year. Their guard uni designs have been on spot the past several years!

Also big kudos to the Cascades...very very nice! Not a huge fan of the bolt on the Colts unis, but I've always liked that intensity of red from the past few years.

Boston is staying with their classic look. Purchased in 2009, the current uniforms are an updated version of what the corps wore in 1964-1993....except for the wool material and about half a dozen safety pins each. And, there is no mistaking who they are.

Boston is staying with their classic look. Purchased in 2009, the current uniforms are an updated version of what the corps wore in 1964-1993....except for the wool material and about half a dozen safety pins each. And, there is no mistaking who they are.

except this version doesn't have an all black back lilke the older version of the uniform. other than that it is very traditional and a great looking uni. loved when they added all the white accents.

I don't care for Academy's new uniforms. Too much black and plastic looking for me...

First public picture of the new Academy uniform!

Too baggy for my taste. :tongue:

• Like 1

Colts - That says "Relámpago" to me far more than it says anything about jagged edges. I just think the symbolism is telling everyone "lightning bolt" more than "jagged edge," probably due to the way it comes to a point. The red plume is okay, but I think it makes the overall shako unit pretty bland to look at.

Cascades - I dig it. I'm not sure if all the stripes are necessary, but I think I need to see it in person first.

Troopers corps - I like it a LOT more than last year. I still prefer the older uniform but after last year, this is a warmly welcome compromise between new and old.

Troopers guard - Mediocre... doesn't really stand out very well. It is a good observation, however, that it will complement the corps proper's uniform quite nicely.

Phantom corps - Not so mindlessly hyped as everyone else. I love the general appeal of it and the contrast and bringing black the white/black contrast not seen since 2006, but I think the crest in the middle is going to be impossible to see up top, and not sure how I feel about the plume/chicken but pretty sure I miss the white. Might be convinced otherwise.

Phantom guard - Good. Portrays the theme excellently.

Academy - :( meanies. If you want me to see your show, come to the midwest!

Jersey Surf - glad they're staying. To be honest I don't know a lot about Surf, but these uniforms made me start paying attention last season (as much attention as I could inbetween playing shows). They're classy, snazzy and well-designed.

To respond to the whole Madison Scouts thing, I believe that they are making alterations to the uniforms to fit the show as that is what they were told would be the future intent when the uniform was premiered last year. I also agree with pretty much all the suggestions I've seen here (forest green harnesses, longer sash, some red on the uniforms) although I think last year's was a perfect homage to the uniform it was based on.

• Like 1

Have we any photos of The Cadets in uniform yet (full corps)?

Have we any photos of The Cadets in uniform yet (full corps)?

Here you have

cadets20112.png