Best drill

I agree with most of the shows mentioned so far in this thread.

These two shows were phenomenal:

Crown '09

Bluecoats '10

Crown's preshow in '09 was better than most other corps' show.

• 2 years later...

Star 90, 91, 93

Phantom Regiment 93

Garfield 83, 84, 85, 87

Madison 88 (mostly because it was so frackin' cleanly executed)

Edited by Agogobell28

Easy to have wind for stuff like that when you wander around in free form for several minutes of your show.

We didn't wander around in free form for "several minutes" of our show.

I'm gonna go on a limb here just because I can't get it out of my head since I saw it yesterday.

Manadarins 2014. Watch it. It won't be the best executed and it stands little chance at making Saturday night. But man the drill designer hit all the right buttons with that show. Can't wait to see a cleaner product later in the season.

Also, PC 07 and and Spirit 12 come to mind at the same time. Same show concept but with a different twist on each. Card deck shuffles, slot machines, dice, roulette tables and the vegas sign.

Throw Cascades 07 in there two. If I remember correctly they might have been 18th place overall but they got 12th in Visual GE that season.

I'm gonna go on a limb here just because I can't get it out of my head since I saw it yesterday.

Manadarins 2014. Watch it. It won't be the best executed and it stands little chance at making Saturday night. But man the drill designer hit all the right buttons with that show. Can't wait to see a cleaner product later in the season.

That's Drew Farmer, and he's excellent (I write a few shows with him on the marching band side of things each year) and only getting better. He does a lot of work with Key Poulan on the visual design side of Key's business.

This is not necessarily the best but one needs to give props to Cadets 09. JS said this was the hardest drill design he ever wrote and would never make one harder.

2009 was an awesome show on many levels...incredible drill design and execution and extremely strong corps in all sections.

I had to figure Cadets 2011 had to have been a little difficult to get right, considering half the corps in white, the other half in red, and to keep them alternated white red white red when they intermixed...and to do that and still keep the drill difficult and classy...have to say that was pretty genius.

Also have to say Cadets 1998 and 2000 as well. Cavs 2000-2003 was pretty incredible, but the impeccable execution made those drills all that much better.

We didn't wander around in free form for "several minutes" of our show.

You almost let me get away with that one, 2000Cadet (almost, it only took 3 years).

I'll see if I can dig up the "counter" we had running a few years back. We timed how much time was spent not marching drill in that show and it was a pretty substantial amount of time.

You almost let me get away with that one, 2000Cadet (almost, it only took 3 years).

I'll see if I can dig up the "counter" we had running a few years back. We timed how much time was spent not marching drill in that show and it was a pretty substantial amount of time.

What show was it that you're referring to here?