The Saginaw Saloon

It is clear you haven't seen a BD show since the 90s.

It is pretty clear, YOU haven't.

Those pre99 corps bled musical excellence, drill, drill execution, and great guards/percussion/brass.

The relative difficulty in what they were doing then was many more times greater than it is now. 97 BD is a PERFECT example.

• Like 5

It is clear you haven't seen a BD show since the 90s.

Actually, I have been watching BD shows since the early 80's. The BD shows these days are far less engaging. They know how to play the "modern" game well today. March simple, play simple, and be clean. Today's BD shows are nothing like the old days.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters
  • Like 4

I think you (and others) are taking this too seriously. I know this is a frequent occurrence on DCP & the internet in general, but you really don't need to worry about every bit of minutia. How the fan voting ends up laying out really means absolutely nothing: if a ton of homers stuff the ballots to tip the scales in their corps' favor, then so be it: who cares?!

totally agree with you........nice to know fans like ya but it doesnt mean it wasnt tipped and certainly doesnt mean you were better or had the best show... We all have our favorites if they win or not.

I never said anything about liking or understanding the show.

No, but you're using the apparent golf clapping as a direct result of people not appreciating or "getting" the complexity of what BD does. This is a pretty niche activity. I'd wager many people in the stands are not drum corps newbies, but rather people who formerly marched in some capacity and have at least a general understanding of the what to look for.

• Like 1

lol - no score tonight ! (or tomorrow night)

announcing them at the movies on monday night :-)

But aren't they announcing the fan-voting ones?

Don't you have to have.....oh, I don't know.....actually seen the show to vote? :blink:

VOTE FOR SANJAYA!!

• Like 4

OH MY GOD! SCORES PLEASE!!!!

Not happening till Monday.

Sorry, bud.

And no... I'm not joking.

I think you (and others) are taking this too seriously. I know this is a frequent occurrence on DCP & the internet in general, but you really don't need to worry about every bit of minutia. How the fan voting ends up laying out really means absolutely nothing: if a ton of homers stuff the ballots to tip the scales in their corps' favor, then so be it: who cares?!

I think what you mean is "if a ton of homers stuff the ballots to tip the scales in their corps' favor, then they really need to get out of their parent's basement and get a life."