Massillon, OH Show Thread

DCI Massillon (Pro Football Hall of Fame)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Bluecoats / SCV -- who you got?

• Bluecoats baby!!! Is there any other way?
    • It's staircase madness! Eureeeeeeeeeeeeeeka!!!

Can't wait. The corps always sound great (LOUD!) at this stadium because of the overhanging roof at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all the Corps in this show do here in Massillion tonite.

Weather report this morning for tonite's show is very dicey however. Weather report showing approx. 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms during the showtime hours. Ugh. Over the weekend, the weather report looked promising for tonite's show, but it appears thats changed. Oh well, maybe it'll change up again and we'll be good to go there in Ohio for tonite. Hope so. We've had enough rain outs of late.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Thanks! 22 years old. No more "significant" birthdays for a while. Can't think of a better way to spend my birthday either.

if you are just turning 22 why are you not marching this season?

I am going on record as NOT happy with the merge of the threads due to the classless act of this OP calling certain people a "dork" :devil:

This is a POLL thread and NOT a show thread and feel they are not identical...Consider this my personal official boycott of this thread and I will not be posting any further in this thread...I obviously have no control over your actions and do not disagree in any shape, form or matter with your personal decision to merge the two threads...I said my peace and will leave it at that.

Ok I am done whining now... :tongue:

You obviously should have started your thread in June to be safe. :tongue:

• Like 1

Well, the front that came through last night is pretty much out of the way. There is another low pressure system, but it is much farther north and won't be bringing us much action. The 12 Hour surface charts put Massillon at the very edge of "potential showers" (to the north).

So, folks, I think we are in the clear for tonight (note: I'm a pilot with meteorology training, not a professional meteorologist!). I will be grabbing some food and heading down to the Bluecoats practice field shortly.

Will try to live blog anything I see interesting, and I will post prior to any live streaming tonight, so stay tuned.

:thumbup:

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 3

Vanguard represents some of the most potent technique right now. Unfortunately they chose a theme that they have had a rough time with in terms of getting the audience (and judges) to connect. From a technical standpoint (however) they are pristine. I find more excitement in the Bluecoat's show, but cannot get over just how clean SVC performs.

Jason

It's funny, when I read this, I could easily replace SCV with "Bluecoats" and Bluecoats with "Phantom Regiment". That is how I feel this year... :) I realize you are probably talking about drill (in which case you are absolutely correct), and I am talking about music (in which case I believe I am correct)

Either way, tonight's show is going to be insane. The last 2 major shows (Atlanta, Allentown) have looked cleaner than last year at Indy. The early theater show in June has really bumped up the level of DCI this year. LOVE IT

• Like 3

if they are at a public school location I don't believe they can close their rehearsals. and why would you anyway?...some big secret going to slip out?

It's something they have done for decades. And since they technically have exclusive rights to their facility while they are using it they can deny you access. If you don't believe me, try to get past Dan Farrell.

Seriously, it's their wish. Please respect it.

Garry in Vegas