Southwestern Championship

Why does it not surprise me that Marie Czapinski dumped on both Bluecoats and Boston...LOL

Wow, Marie did dump on both Boston and Bluecoats tonite. But Marie calls it as she see it. It is what it is, and Boston seemed to withstand it pretty well overall. Bluecoats 10th in Guard ? Ouch. Now THATS a bit surprising to me.

Edited by BRASSO

It's just human nature. No evil going on here. Each judge has pressure on them to "get it right", and often times they fall back on what they "knew was right" going into that night. All you had to do was see the webcast tonight to see that the Cavies were beatable. They just had an off night.

you keep saying that the Cavies had an "off night", if thats the case then everyone better watch out for when they have an "on night" :worthy:

Plus I can name 22 other world class corps who would like to have an off night like that..... i kid, i kid

• Like 3

no, it was serious FAIL tonight. no joking matter really. watch the playback for yourself.

Well the Epic Fail you thought you heard in the front ensemble tonight just got a percussion score of 90.

And I'm just razzin' you. I know you're actually a fan of the 'Coats.

I talked to folks at the show tonight and the front ensemble volume we were getting over FN was NOT what was happening live...simply a freak of placement of the speaker angle to the FN mics. Inside the balance was very good...and obviously good for the judges.

Don't go freaking out and calling out staff and management for, as you put it, a total waste of talent based on what's coming from your computer speakers.

All is good and the 'Coats keep improving on a very good and VERY difficult show. :thumbup:

Great job tonight 'Coats and Scouts...and BD will win it all again. :worthy: Only this time I really like the show. :thumbup:

• Like 2

My review of tonight here.

Well, I got the Brass caption right tonight :) Although I don't see Cavies over BD in brass tonight...lol

Wow, Marie did dump on both Boston and Bluecoats tonite. Then again, it is what it is, and Boston seemed to withstand it pretty well overall. Bluecoats 10th in Guard ? Ouch. Thats a bit surprising to me.

Oh yeah, and Madison's scatter drill must have been really amazing for her to give them 4th in visual GE.

• Like 4

Here comes BD. When will they pass Cavies?

you keep saying that the Cavies had an "off night", if thats the case then everyone better watch out for when they have an "on night" :worthy:

Plus I can name 22 other world class corps who would like to have an off night like that..... i kid, i kid

I agree. Cavies are a force to be reckoned with!! Always one of my favorites :)

Well the Epic Fail you thought you heard in the front ensemble tonight just got a percussion score of 90.

And I'm just razzin' you. I know you're actually a fan of the 'Coats.

I talked to folks at the show tonight and the front ensemble volume we were getting over FN was NOT what was happening live...simply a freak of placement of the speaker angle to the FN mics. Inside the balance was very good...and obviously good for the judges.

Don't go freaking out and calling out staff and management for, as you put it, a total waste of talent based on what's coming from your computer speakers.

That is good to hear, if it is true...because what we heard over the webcast tonight should be buried along with Casey Anthony....

• Like 2