Top 12 Prediction Minn, MN July 16, 2011

I feel Cadets or Crown, possibly both, will be better drum corps than Cavaliers definitely by August. JMO

There is no way Crown is going to medal this year. Not with this show.

Musically, they may very well have a shot at taking the Brass title...but they are not going to beat Blue Devils, Cadets AND Cavaliers with the shows that these 3 corps are doing, plus the fact that the Blue Devils have a title to defend, and both the Cadets and Cavs are starving for a title.

Nice show, good crowd pleaser, but not this year either, Crown.

Maybe next year they could have a show full of 4th symphonies and call it "A 4th Chance"?

Bruckner's 4th is a very good 4th symphony, and Beethoven's 4th is my favorite Beethoven symphony. Mahler's 4th movt 3 might make a good power ballad.

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1

Will the performance order be decided by averaging prior scores from this season, or was it a draw among groups based on last year's finish?

It's the 2nd ... draw amoung groups based on last year's finals ...

Totally based on the draw ...

1. Cavies

2. Blue Devils

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. Phantom

6. Bluecoats

7. Madison

8. SCV

9. Blue Stars

10. Boston

11. Blue Knights

12. Troopers

There is no way Crown is going to medal this year. Not with this show.

Musically, they may very well have a shot at taking the Brass title...but they are not going to beat Blue Devils, Cadets AND Cavaliers with the shows that these 3 corps are doing, plus the fact that the Blue Devils have a title to defend, and both the Cadets and Cavs are starving for a title.

Nice show, good crowd pleaser, but not this year either, Crown.

Maybe next year they could have a show full of 4th symphonies and call it "A 4th Chance"?

Bruckner's 4th is a very good 4th symphony, and Beethoven's 4th is my favorite Beethoven symphony. Mahler's 4th movt 3 might make a good power ballad.

Totally disagree. Crown may very well have the best total package on the field this year, and a chance to make history.

Totally disagree. Crown may very well have the best total package on the field this year, and a chance to make history.

I respect your opinion there, I haven't seen their show since Texas, and they really do have a great sound, hence why I thought right off the bat they probably have the best sound overall. As far as visual, I don't know. I will give them another chance on that if I am able to catch their show in Minneapolis, but I still believe that the 3 corps above them are out on a mission, and Crown has not been invited to this shoot-out. I am not saying Crown has a bad show, quite the contrary - I like this show a lot better than last years, but I don't think it is as good a show as 09. I just think the reason they will stay out of the top 3 is because of the corps above them, not because of themselves.

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1

I respect your opinion there, I haven't seen their show since Texas, and they really do have a great sound, hence why I thought right off the bat they probably have the best sound overall. As far as visual, I don't know. I will give them another chance on that if I am able to catch their show in Minneapolis, but I still believe that the 3 corps above them are out on a mission, and Crown has not been invited to this shoot-out. I am not saying Crown has a bad show, quite the contrary - I like this show a lot better than last years, but I don't think it is as good a show as 09. I just think the reason they will stay out of the top 3 is because of the corps above them, not because of themselves.

When I look at the other three, I don't see any one program that really stands out, or that is bringing anything new to the table. Cavaliers are somewhat esoteric, gimmicky, and segmented. Cadets and BD are both very good, but don't strike me as having that something special, that makes a winner. Crown may just have the best total package this year. And, Crown was only .9 off the Cavaliers in Toledo, beating them in three captions. IMO, this is a four way race, with Crown having an excellent chance.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

Ok, but what else can you add to Crown's show without it being overdone??

I can't see it gaining things, whereas Cadets' show I see it being able to be improved a ton.

And let's not forget that when shows top out, execution takes over, and where execution tops out, GE takes over. In this regard, Cadets and Cavs have the upper hand in this, while Blue Devils may have upper hand in execution.

1. The Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. The Cadets

4. Carolina Crown

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Bluecoats

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Blue Stars

9. Madison Scouts

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Knights

12. Spirit of Atlanta

Ok, but what else can you add to Crown's show without it being overdone??

A new ending. Which may or may not put them over the top. Don't get me wrong, BD, Cavaliers, and Cadets are all formidable, with great staffs who know what to do. But IMO, from a programing standpoint, Crown is solidly in there with them with perhaps, the best complete package.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

1) Cavies

2) Cadets

3) Blue Devils

4) Crown

5) Bluecoats

6) Phantom

7) Madison

8) SCV

9) Blue Stars

10) Boston

11) BK