JD Shaw steps down as Phantom Regiment brass arranger?

Same here MM. Christian was amazing, his arranging...well he arranged for my high school but really wasn't that great. Well good but not Ryan George/Klesch/etc good

Then you good sir owe me a deed. :tongue: In fact I marched with The Academy this past season, and my opinion is thus: he would make an excellent caption head based on my previous experience! The sigh was intentionally vague and has nothing to do with his capabilities.

Guess again, my dear Watson. :music:

Touche! I owe you an apology.

I do find it ironic that you would post something intentionally vague on a public forum...

I've actually been taught by Cavalier's staff members, and we had "gush-and-go" water breaks, and would be yelled at by the staff when we messed up, and always ran to our sets..... SO, what does that mean for your argument?

What does that mean in this argument? It means you all probably weren't mature/talented enough to do things the BD and Cavalier way.

There's a big difference between working too hard and working smart. Cavaliers and BD BOTH work smart, which is why they are the 2 most consistent corps.

Yeah, i know Cadets are pretty intense, but it works for them.. every so often..

What does that mean in this argument? It means you all probably weren't mature/talented enough to do things the BD and Cavalier way.

There's a big difference between working too hard and working smart. Cavaliers and BD BOTH work smart, which is why they are the 2 most consistent corps.

Yeah, i know Cadets are pretty intense, but it works for them.. every so often..

Except the cadets have more titles than the cavaliers.... 3 more, to be exact.

And I marched in a corps that has multiple titles, so I think we were ''mature'' and ''talented'' enough

• Like 3

And I marched in a corps that has multiple titles, so I think we were ''mature'' and ''talented'' enough

That's DCI titles.... Yea, SCV is great too... tongue.gif

• Like 1

Does this mean Don Hill is leaving the Glassmen?

The cavaliers never really started that kind of approach until AFTER 2000.. So since they've taken that route, they have been more successful than the cadets have been throughout this past decade.

As for the cavalier on your staff.. If you were speaking of a cavalier who marched before 2001, then yeah, they might be a little more intense than your average cavalier instructor. BUT if it's someone of the more recent time, then maturity and talent are the only logical reasons that effected you from having that luxury. If you were talented enough, then your corps (as a whole) probably lacked the ability to turn the switch on and off.

Doesn't really matter. Every corps has their own way of doing things. Some just work better than others

• Like 2

The cavaliers never really started that kind of approach until AFTER 2000.. So since they've taken that route, they have been more successful than the cadets have been throughout this past decade.

As for the cavalier on your staff.. If you were speaking of a cavalier who marched before 2001, then yeah, they might be a little more intense than your average cavalier instructor.

+1. Yes, sir!

As for the cavalier on your staff.. If you were speaking of a cavalier who marched before 2001, then yeah, they might be a little more intense than your average cavalier instructor. BUT if it's someone of the more recent time, then maturity and talent are the only logical reasons that effected you from having that luxury. If you were talented enough, then your corps (as a whole) probably lacked the ability to turn the switch on and off.

Doesn't really matter. Every corps has their own way of doing things. Some just work better than others

Most of the staff was from before 2000, but between the whole staff, and the caption head, they had won every single championship with the Cavaliers. So I'm going to take their opinions on what worked with my corps over yours. I had the best summer of my life, and we had plenty of "maturity" and "talent", so please, stop trying to label people you don't know.

• Like 4