Dinosaurs vs. New Kids on the block

At what age do you become a dino?

The first time you rent the movie "Jurassic Park" for your children.

The first time you rent the movie "Jurassic Park" for your children.

Good movie and book...um...I bought the VHS Land Before Time series Yep Yep Yep; for them and for me.

edit: removed smilies

Edited by lindap

Perhaps this is a good time to start the "You might be a dino if...." thread on here!

" You might be a Drum Corps newbie if ".... you think a DCP discussion thread started about The Magic of Orlando is going to a discussion about NBA Basketball.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

dino's have more BITD stories to tell

the day you say on here you hate something being done now.

:tongue:

• Like 1

As much as many in here won't want to hear it........the "dino" card only really gets pulled as a rebuttle by the younger crowd.....the truth of the matter is, the the older drum corps crowd is probably the biggest "culprit" in the ever draining debate of "drum corps is dead garbage"........

Just my opinion / two cents

...And there's your answer on why we don't just "leave it at that." Someone has ALWAYS got to point the finger at the other side and blame them for one thing or another.

So....what about dinos vs N'Sync??

*sorry....had to be said*

I would take dinos to win that, but only if there were a velociraptor involved... :smile:

As for the newer stuff and some of the statements I've read here... Yeah, a whole lot of dismissive attitude about old = ignorant. Seriously? Then I remember back to when I was 19, bullet-proof, and knew everything that there was to know so time will hopefully take care of that. :smile:

Like someone said here: We used to be you then you'll blink twice and you'll be us.

This is so true.

• Like 1

When you have corps recordings on more than one media? I have vinyl, cassettes and CDs (never bought any of the 8 tracks that came out for a very short while)....

$1 to an ex-boss who got Beatles "Sgt Pepper" on CD a few years back and realized it was the 4th copy he had of the album, all in different media.

When you have corps recordings on more than one media? I have vinyl, cassettes and CDs (never bought any of the 8 tracks that came out for a very short while)....

$1 to an ex-boss who got Beatles "Sgt Pepper" on CD a few years back and realized it was the 4th copy he had of the album, all in different media.

This generation just downloads to their iPod or thingymajig...