Dinosaurs vs. New Kids on the block

At what age do you become a dino?

Let's start the baseline at ageout year :tongue:

This generation just downloads to their iPod or thingymajig...

MEDIA NUMBER 5!!!! :tongue:

You silly Dinos!!! *shakes fist*

WIthin the nature of progress lies the tendency for youth to dismiss the past, and for the aged to resist change. This has been the case for as long as there have been people. This is not a new trend. It is human nature. To consider the merits of both is the more difficult path, and thus the least traveled.

• Like 2

WIthin the nature of progress lies the tendency for youth to dismiss the past, and for the aged to resist change. This has been the case for as long as there have been people. This is not a new trend. It is human nature. To consider the merits of both is the more difficult path, and thus the least traveled.

illegal use of logic and fact.

10 yards, loss of down

• Like 1

I will make myself a dino with this post, but here goes. My dad was old scholl drum corps, he marched in teh 50's and sixties. When I was a kid in the late 70's we went to a 'Competition" (in his book they were all competitions not shows) and saw the Bridgemen. My dad hated them, they kinda strolled intead of marching they didn't have straight lines and gig lines on teh uniforms and the uniforms weren't what he considered uniforms, he thought they were a bunch of kids trying to be pimps. So of course they became my favorite corp. A few years ago i went to a show with my dad and the Bridgemen Alumni were there and he loved them he finally got teh attitude and putting on a show part. they did what was new and inovative 30 years ago but that made them dinos now, apparently my dad liked the same thing now that they are dinos, but didn't like it when they were new. So some who talk about the new things now in a bad manner will probably talkk about teh good old days of 2011 20 years from know when all of todays corp members are dinos trying to relive their glory days.

You silly Dinos!!! *shakes fist*

And get off my lawn... :tongue: In a standstill (aka Alumni type corps) and have all types of exceptions to the labels. Have 50+ year olds who make annual pilgrimmages to DCI and have college agers who do the parade/standstill thing and loving it.

But I'm a Dino and miss my piston/rotor, but is nice to be able to play ALL the notes in the scale on the 3 valver...