2012 Reps

skeptic

Love the ELO idea!

How about Music of The Great Horn Bands?

Chicago, Earth, Wind and Fire, Blood,Sweat and Tears,Tower of Power, Ides of March and Chase!

Also the music of Ennio Morricone is my dream show...

• Like 1

Renegades

2112- 2012: We Have Assumed Control, A Rushtrospective:

Passage To Bankok

YYZ

Jacob's Ladder

Closer To The Heart

Temples Of Syrinx

tease

I will make this public and say that my "Mary Poppins - The Latin Side" show idea has been rejected by the Caballeros' staff. :tongue:

Fran it's been done.. 66 I think.. Help with the year guys?

Love the ELO idea!

How about Music of The Great Horn Bands?

Chicago, Earth, Wind and Fire, Blood,Sweat and Tears,Tower of Power, Ides of March and Chase!

Minnesota Brass did a horn band trilogy with an all Tower of Power show in 1998, Earth, Wind & Fire in 1999, and Chicago in 2000.

Edited by Ron H

Fran it's been done.. 66 I think.. Help with the year guys?

Mike,

It's on the Cabs Legacy CD. I'll check the year tonight, but they played "Chim Chiminee" - and it was awful. I think that was the same year they played "I Got Plenty of Nothing" and that was bad too.

So for anybody thinking about getting Hawthorne away from that "Spanish-y" style, just listen to that recording. I think you'll change your mind - quickly.

tease

Yeah. I know. Just saying what I'd like them to play. We can dream, can't we? :cool:

Mike,

It's on the Cabs Legacy CD. I'll check the year tonight, but they played "Chim Chiminee" - and it was awful. I think that was the same year they played "I Got Plenty of Nothing" and that was bad too.

So for anybody thinking about getting Hawthorne away from that "Spanish-y" style, just listen to that recording. I think you'll change your mind - quickly.

From Corpsreps ...

1966 Malaguena Amazon * Chim Chim Chiree (from Mary Poppins) Amazon * I Got Plenty of Nothin' (from Porgy and Bess) * Granada Amazon * Valencia Amazon * Strangers in the Night Amazon

Gee .. with the Roo's analysis one wonder how they won the AL Nats that year ...

:-)

Mike,

It's on the Cabs Legacy CD. I'll check the year tonight, but they played "Chim Chiminee" - and it was awful.

Okay... NOW I know why my idea was rejected!!! :tongue:

Minnesota Brass did a horn band trilogy with an all Tower of Power show in 1998, Earth, Wind & Fire in 1999, and Chicago in 2000.

Carolina Gold did a Tower of Power show in 2006. ....and Porgy & Bess was the previous year in 2005.

-Of course in those days that was pre-Class A and Gold was in Open Class.