Post Season Reaction

142 members have voted

1. 1. These corps exceeded my 2011 expectations and/or pre-season hype...

• The Cadets
    • Blue Devils
    • The Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Blue Knights
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Stars
    • Spirit of Atlanta
    • Glassmen
    • Troopers
    • The Academy
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Pacific Crest
    • Mandarins
    • Teal Sound
    • Cascades
    • Jersey Surf
    • Pioneer

I hear you you, but I don't think " hype " frankly has much to do with anything at all once the product hits the field and the judges do their thing. Judges don't care about preseason hype at all.If anything, it might work aagainst a Corps with judges. When the product and the performers hit the field, thats when " reality " hits, and the rubber hits the road so to speak( and as it should ).

yourenright on a few things..you have to live up to hype and it can work against you if you cant BUT dont underestimate the power of HYPE. Judges may not care about HYPE or like to think they fell into it BUT they do and have. I watched , saw and heard it all summer...especially with Spirit..crossmen also but theres an instance where they could maintain iI also agree Hype on here may not mean much unless it comes from a director making claims but hype strictly from here? NO!

Edited by GUARDLING

some corps delivered. some didn't. and some will hype to the max no matter what

I hear you you, but I don't think " hype " frankly has much to do with anything at all once the product hits the field and the judges do their thing. Judges don't care about preseason hype at all. If anything, it might work against a Corps with judges. When the product and the performers hit the field, thats when " reality " hits, and the rubber hits the road so to speak( and as it should ). Nobody cares come August the level of hype that a Corps got in preseason. I didn't remember it. So I had to go back and read who was getting the most( and least) hype and who wasn't in the preseason, and then compare that with the finals " reality ". Thats how I made my selections anyway. Others probably took a different approach than me on who got hyped and who didn't and who finished up where despite high or low levels of preseason and early season " hype " from fans on here.

It is not just about hype. Just your personal expectations you had with a show (musical selections, theme, uniform changes) at first compared to the final product on the field. Notjust about who had the most hype but just a personal reflection looking back at what you had thought was going to bomb or score and whether it actually did to you.

It is not just about hype. Just your personal expectations you had with a show (musical selections, theme, uniform changes) at first compared to the final product on the field. Notjust about who had the most hype but just a personal reflection looking back at what you had thought was going to bomb or score and whether it actually did to you.

You mean..... I get to do a do over on my selections then ?

Well, it this case, I would have to change one of my selections to.. " The Cadets uniform change ".

If we recall in preseason, we had a thread on DCP that discussed the news of the Cadets decision to change their uniform for this season. Well, if we recall, this gave some of us the willies. We had 40 pages of discussion on the Cadets uniform change. I was against the uniform change for this year, I admit.. Like others, I equated this news with Armageddon... you know, a potential disaster of biblical proportions for the Cadets... Old Testament stuff... of fire and brimstone coming down from the sky with this news...rivers and seas boiling, of Drum Corps darkness for the Cadets... earthquakes, volcanos, fighting betwwen good and evil, dead rising from the grave... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria... confusion on these good and evil forces...,etc.. that sort of stuff re. the Cadets news of the uniform change.

Then in the end, everything and everybody was cool with the uniform. No big deal at all. Everybody ok with it. We learned this was not about the uniform at all.

In the end, it had more to do with the Cadets THEME more than anything else. ( whew.. what a relief this was ).

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3