DCI 2012 Programs

1325303819[/url]' post='3108943']

Crown is usually one of the last to announce...they like to keep things quiet. It's usually the worst kept secret in DCI but ... that's what they do :-) Hopefully people will respect *all* the corps' wishes this season and let each corps announce when and how they'd like to announce (even if you personally think the whole secret thing is kind of silly).

I love that they keep it a secret until the last minute! I think because I got to see their show and tell for the last two years but I won't get to see them until tour starts this year that makes me excited.

I remember when you could just call up the BD hall and ask what they were playing. Now it's all cloak and dagger hush hush baloney!

I also remember when corps just played a bunch of different songs and not some theme. Oh well don't mind the theme idea so much but the secrecy sucks. I like it when you can research the music and get to know the material before hand so you can already follow the show first time out.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be cool if someone performed the 1812 Overture in 2012? Yes, I know it was actually written in 1880, but 1812 to 2012 just has a nice ring to it. Fingers crossed.

Wouldn't it be cool if someone performed the 1812 Overture in 2012? Yes, I know it was actually written in 1880, but 1812 to 2012 just has a nice ring to it. Fingers crossed.

I would be surprised seeing as BAC just did it last year. You never know though, I can never get enough of that piece!

I would be surprised seeing as BAC just did it last year. You never know though, I can never get enough of that piece!

Good point. I totally forgot about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping back to top.

• Like 1

From SCV:

"We are excited to announce that "Jupiter: The Bringer of Jollity" from "The Planets" by Gustav Holst will be part of the 2012 program!"

Played by the Santa Clara Vanguard in 1980 (before Cavies even did it) - WONDERFUL!!!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1