Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

From SCV via Facebook:

One word: "Mars"

For those of you who've been following our long, drawn-out announcement of the show music, this is the part of the show that contains "something borrowed." From the Des Plaines Vanguard, 1971-73! And another corps from Illinois played it in 1985-86 and 1995! :-)

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 2

This show is going to be exquisite. I cannot wait to hear the adagio theme from Jupiter as arranged by Shaw. And Rennick.

And I echo my sentiment about Shaw and Hymn to a Blue Hour. This should be an awesome, accessible show. I was thinking how overplayed the Planets seem, but I can't remember any prominent performances of the Planets since...well...a while (cue the searches on corpsreps to prove me wrong).

Good lord this summer is shaping up to be a repeat of the last summer.

</hype>

• Like 1

So there it is. :thumbup: Can't wait to see how this all plays out. I KNOW I'm gonna love this show. What a perfect way to celebrate their 45th anniversary AND their 40th appearance in the top 12 at DCIs World Championships (you know it's gonna happen). Now, if they get what all of the FMMs have been waiting for, it will be the *perfect* year. If not? You know I'll love them anyway... :inlove:

• Like 1

Mars

Jupiter

and stuff from John Mackey

Posted two months ago. Bashed all to hell (still at -6). And yet...

100% accurate.

Trolololol.

:laughing:

• Like 5

100% accurate.

Trolololol.

And it just got one more negative from me. With it being that accurate, it tells me that this person had insider knowledge of the show that the corps was not ready to share yet and he violated their trust by sharing it on DCP. Corps hide what they're playing for a reason. We need to learn to respect that. I am willing to bet that most times, they hold off announcing until they've secured all the rights they need to secure. No point in getting people's hopes up with a certain piece if they end up losing the rights to perform/arrange.

• Like 3

100% accurate.

Trolololol.

It's not 100% accurate, even now, because it's NOT COMPLETE.

Which was my point all along, that you THINK you know, but you really don't! Because for it to be truly insider status, it would have have said one of the following:

Mars

Jupiter

Piece by Mackey

*Piece by Whitacre*

--OR--

Mars

Jupiter

Hymn to a blue hour (composer optional, since u left out Holst)

Leonard and his flying machines (optional composer)

Signed, REAL insider.

• Like 7