Madison Scouts 2012

:rock:.........so back to news and developments for the corps, does anyone have any? lol.

Yes, a user who goes by the username "Yellowpants" had a great report from camp. Unfortunately, one person didn't like it (which is absolutely within that person's right) so maybe we should not post anything and just let the "show speak for itself" as suggested. Yeah, I gave in.....

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 3

WhoopsNo.gif
  • Like 4

Hahaha lol "yellowpants". Yeah, I'm not in the least bit offended and don't think GUARDLING intended to do any harm. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. And in the end they're right...the product will have to speak for itself. I'm just more than positive it will. The music is INCREDIBLE thus far and we're in for a few more surprises, I'm told. I'm just interested to see what ends up happening visually and with colorguard. I'm not nervous...just anxious to see just how awesome this show ends up being! w00t.gif

• Like 2

Just watched some great drum corps (1975 and 1999 DCI), including “Men from Madison.” I’m a sucker for some of the vintage, perhaps to some corny but for me, always classic Madison touches. As I saw the famous bowing and tipping the hat by the rifle line in 1975 “Way We Were”, I was thinking, this would be perfect as part of “The Great Gate at Kiev” finale of “Pictures at an Exhibition.” Just a thought, and eth crowd would go wild, wait, the crowd will go wild anyway. We are talking about Madison!

• Like 2

Who cares if there IS "hype" or "overhype?" "Hype" never hurt anybody. The Scouts could be dead and buried like so many other corps right now, so I'm just glad they're still around to be talked about.

Besides, it's the freaking off-season. What else do we have to talk about? The off-season is all ABOUT "hype" (excitement), and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

• Like 4

Last year at a show in Quincy, MA, a die hard Madison fan claimed that all Madison had to do is show up and the crowds went wild. Someone else took it a step further and said all Madison had to do was turn the key in the bus' ignition and begin a tour and crowds went wild. We can "hype" Madison all we want, but we should be glad that 99% of the time they live up to it!

Who cares if there IS "hype" or "overhype?" "Hype" never hurt anybody. The Scouts could be dead and buried like so many other corps right now, so I'm just glad they're still around to be talked about.

Besides, it's the freaking off-season. What else do we have to talk about? The off-season is all ABOUT "hype" (excitement), and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

OK - I'll take the thread in a new direction: Do you think we'll see any uniform tweaks? Maybe a little red in there? Maybe white pants? I'd love to see Yamaha make them a bright red lacquer drumline this year.

• Like 1

OK - I'll take the thread in a new direction: Do you think we'll see any uniform tweaks? Maybe a little red in there? Maybe white pants? I'd love to see Yamaha make them a bright red lacquer drumline this year.

I, for one, would like to see Madison stick with the same uniform for a while with no changes.

One of my pet peeves in modern drum corps is that corps have no uniform identity. To much changing around of the uniform.

I'll take adding the red back to the sash and around the aussie plus going back to long sleeves.

I was able to make it to their ensemble rehearsal yesterday...WOOOOOWWWWW!!! I knew Robert W. Smith could compose great music...this will POSITIVELY be a historic season for the Scouts. Of course, I am a homer and love the Scouts, but I truly enjoy the level at which other corps play as well. Honestly, last year it took me a bit to get to the point where I really enjoyed the music. This year, however, they grab you from the first few notes. Talk about "Wall of Sound"!!! The music is so intelligently written...it takes your ear on a journey from one gorgeous line to the next. So many details you can focus on and fall in love with. Pictures on an Exhibition has DEFINITELY been "Madisonized" in an amazing way. If you can't stand the Scouts, prepare to fall in love with them this year. They're absolutely ready to mop up some top corps in the aspect of brass. All sections contribute equally to the "wall". Screamers...check, check, check, check, check, check, check. Battery has notes on top of notes and are executing at an pretty impressive level. I can't wait to see the visual package associated with it. Some of the men were saying that Smith said they won't be below 120bpm on the field. Plans change all the time...who knows. I know the term "hype" exists, but my comments about this weekend don't do those gentleman justice. Over 4:00 of completely memorized music that they received last week...not a dip in energy. It's January folks. Appreciate your face while you still have it.

Do it agian, do it agian, do it agian!