D&BC on America's Got Talent(?)

Oh - and for the other complaints about the 'quality' of performance on that video - It was an ENCORE! Like any encore, especially a spontaneous one, it was less controlled than the first. Big deal...

If anyone was actually there for the original performance and has a complaint about it, I would at least consider that opinion...

Oh - and for the other complaints about the 'quality' of performance on that video - It was an ENCORE! Like any encore, especially a spontaneous one, it was less controlled than the first. Big deal...

If anyone was actually there for the original performance and has a complaint about it, I would at least consider that opinion...

I was there.

The high points of the both performances, in this order.

4. Joey sounded very good.

3. Roland sounded very good.

2. That one girl that had dark underwear under her white spandex pants. Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

1. That sweet electric bass providing the Bow-chicka-bow-wow.

*Honorable mention. Tuba horn angles. In both performances

• Like 2

And the low points? Since there is some not-so-veiled sarcasm in your post?

If they make it onto the TV broadcast, they'll reach more viewers in their 90-second clip than drum corps has managed to get to in the last 16 years. I'm all for it.

Mike

win.

I was there.

The high points of the both performances, in this order.

4. Joey sounded very good.

3. Roland sounded very good.

2. That one girl that had dark underwear under her white spandex pants. Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

1. That sweet electric bass providing the Bow-chicka-bow-wow.

*Honorable mention. Tuba horn angles. In both performances

http://www.bfdtv.com/?p=482

To which I would add...

A bunch of people on stage enjoying what they're doing, plus a bunch of people in the audience enjoying what they're getting, equals a bunch of people feeling good and happy.

Yeah, that's not at all what drum corps is about. :devil:

• Like 3

To which I would add...

A bunch of people on stage enjoying what they're doing, plus a bunch of people in the audience enjoying what they're getting, equals a bunch of people feeling good and happy.

Yeah, that's not at all what drum corps is about. :devil:

Duh...there's no "stage" in drum corps. Except for cadets 08...wait, maybe thats a bad example...

• Like 1

Duh...there's no "stage" in drum corps. Except for cadets 08...wait, maybe thats a bad example...

That's funny...I've always thought that an I&E competition was part of what Drum Corps was all about. Many of these competitions are held on a stage, which is the venue in the video.

• Like 1

Yeah, but if this is the performance that will be pumped into a zillion homes as a representative sampling of what drum corps is... yikes. The quality isn't there at all.

(Also, I'd put money on NBC not wanting to pay the licensing fees for Lady Gaga songs, but that's a separate issue.)

So what? The average listener can't tell the difference. I'm funny that way - I think more folks seeing drum corps - even in a sneaky-from-behind sort of fashion - is a good thing.

Mike

• Like 1