Carolina Crown 2012

On the surface, this show looks like a contender for Crown. It will come down to design and execution. They have the chops to do it.. It's just a matter of the planets aligning for them.

As I don't see my corps being in the hunt, I am placing my hopes with Crown this summer.

The Mayans told us long ago that 2012 was the year of planetary alignments, death and destruction, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria....

Well, the Mayans and Ghostbusters.

The Mayans told us long ago that 2012 was the year of planetary alignments, death and destruction, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria....

Well, the Mayans and Ghostbusters.

I read recently that the Mayans didn't have leap years, which were added by the Romans. So technically it's 2013 on the Mayan calendar...or so says the Internet.

I read recently that the Mayans didn't have leap years, which were added by the Romans. So technically it's 2013 on the Mayan calendar...or so says the Internet.

tumblr_l97u10NndC1qd3ppyo1_400.jpg

• Like 1

I am so excited to hear Crown this year! That brassline seems capable of playing almost anything, and they have surely picked a difficult few pieces (depending on what parts they play).

I heard Crown was marching 90 brass this summer... Has anyone else heard this? I would be interested to know where they would add the extra members.

Either way, I cannot wait to see them this summer!

• Like 2

NM

Edited by BRASSO

I am so excited to hear Crown this year! That brassline seems capable of playing almost anything, and they have surely picked a difficult few pieces (depending on what parts they play).

I heard Crown was marching 90 brass this summer... Has anyone else heard this? I would be interested to know where they would add the extra members.

Either way, I cannot wait to see them this summer!

90 brass?

Trying capatize on their strength while sacrificing members from some other section? Hmm...