Carolina Crown 2012

I'm still trying to figure out how Donte wound up as B4 there! tongue.gif In a few short months, it went from "I just filled in, not sure if I'm gonna do this in the future" to "Hey, I'm B4 at Rhythm X!" And finally, "Crown Bass 4!!!" But hey, congrats to him, and best of luck to an awesome guy to march with! thumbup.gif

Looks like the Crown hornline will be dancing again. Darn that Jim Moore !! Who does he think he is?

547431_10150936234557641_21330342640_9676516_1230713256_n.jpg

Hope they don't injure their wrists like that. shutup.gif

Hope they don't injure their wrists like that. shutup.gif

Most are wearing pants or knee pads. A pair of batting gloves would help.

I'm always impressed with the focus on proper dance technique that's imparted to the hornline. They're taught the correct (and safe) techniques to use in all that choreography we see them do. Jim Moore's the real deal.

After listening to Ron Hardin's podcast on the Marching Roundtable, it's clear he's a huge proponent of exactly the same approach (in fact he talks quite a bit about how much marching should be drawing all the lessons it can from dance).

I'm always impressed with the focus on proper dance technique that's imparted to the hornline. They're taught the correct (and safe) techniques to use in all that choreography we see them do. Jim Moore's the real deal.

After listening to Ron Hardin's podcast on the Marching Roundtable, it's clear he's a huge proponent of exactly the same approach (in fact he talks quite a bit about how much marching should be drawing all the lessons it can from dance).

Well, it's safer technique, but putting that much weight on a focal point such as the wrist isn't fool proof even with good technique.

I just want to make sure they're safe and do contribute to injuries that will haunt them 20 years later.