Cadets 12.25

I haven't been keeping up with the commentary around this, so I don't know what all reasons folks have. I love the musical concept and I expect it to sound great. So long as they can keep voice-overs, movie sound clips, amplified singing, or goofy central characters out of the mix, I expect to love it. :thumbup:

Or, is this going to be a narrated story about how Santa Claus gets lost in the Zone and gets rescued by a goofy baby Jesus just in time to save Christmas for the family from the 2008 show?

I'd go with something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtXnLtOHiTk

People are expecting the Cadets to roll over and die, and I don't understand why.

This is the same group that made a show out of nothing (Juxta), drove around fake taxi cabs, made planes on the field, had a show with a giant door, and built an entire program around a giant pissing contest (2000).

If ANYONE can make a Christmas show work, it is the Cadets.

A giant pissing contest huh? That's one of the funniest statements I've ever read. :laughing:

The main thing I'm worried about with Cadets is their track record after winning, meaning how they usually drop a few places. I'm waiting for the season to start before I comment on their show.

• Like 1

They're selling the pre-season CDs right now. Wonder why they're not available for download instead of hard media...

They're selling the pre-season CDs right now. Wonder why they're not available for download instead of hard media...

Physical CD only? In 2012 that almost sounds like a bad joke...

• Like 3

Physical CD only? In 2012 that almost sounds like a bad joke...

I like it because you can convert the music to your favorite format.

Everyone knows how to do that in 2012, right? tongue.gif

They and Cadets2 had their indoor Allentown performances last night. Apparently we should stay tuned for some video clips.

They and Cadets2 had their indoor Allentown performances last night. Apparently we should stay tuned for some video clips.

They already posted some preview clips on FB.

Also, they ahve their own Youtube channel for those who did not already know about it. They update daily with videos.

My linkhttp://www.youtube.com/youtheducation

*edit for typos

Edited by quegrawks

• 4 weeks later...

People are expecting the Cadets to roll over and die, and I don't understand why.

This is the same group that made a show out of nothing (Juxta), drove around fake taxi cabs, made planes on the field, had a show with a giant door, and built an entire program around a giant pissing contest (2000).

If ANYONE can make a Christmas show work, it is the Cadets.

It is a nice show, but PR did a Christmas theme first in 1997.