Cadets2 Performance

Bucs streak did leave a bitter taste in my mouth when seeing them take first for everything. Not because they were ruining DCA or anything crazy like that but because the other corps we not stepping up (enough) to beat them. I went nuts when MBI won simply for the fact that someone else wanted it enough to do something about it. C2 will only bring that much more excitement to DCA if they are a top contender as most fear they will be.

Absolutely. And the best part of MBI winning was that Bucs were at their best. It didn't take a Bucs crash to allow another corps to win. MBI put it all together, went out, and grabbed the championship. No one else has done that since Bucs themselves in 2005.

• Like 1

Hmmm...that tells me that the C2 admin probably hopes you personally HATE them! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Took me a while to "get" it.... :doh::tongue:

Thinking about it you might be closer to the truth than I want to admit. I quit following DC (except for a couple years of Finals recordings) about when DCA had it's lowest number of corps at Prelims. First Prelims I went to in about 10 years I'm sitting in the stadium and look up at the scoreboard and see ".. from San Fransciso, CA...." :blink: Then I hear one of the three elderly gentlemen behind me say "Hay Harry we saw these guys last year, you're gonna love this ####". A Sr corps from Cali-for-n-i-a.... BACK?!?!?!?! Edit: and I did get a little choked up thinking how things were turning around...

IOW - things got better without me.... :huh:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Absolutely. And the best part of MBI winning was that Bucs were at their best. It didn't take a Bucs crash to allow another corps to win. MBI put it all together, went out, and grabbed the championship. No one else has done that since Bucs themselves in 2005.

Wasn't at DCA last year but was there the first time a non-eastern corps (IOW MBI) broke top 3.... then a few seconds later came in 2nd. IMO, biggest crowd reaction of the night came after Empire was announced 3rd and the realization of what happened kicked in. LOL, some of our members left before retreat to get pizzas for the after show hotel room party. When the rest of us came back it was:

"Buccs won right?"

"Yeah, guess who came in second"

"Oh ####, and I missed it" :sad:

Yeah, need a change every now and then...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

yep. Along the way Cabs, Empire and MBI got close...always missing that one, maybe two things...then MBI put it all together and boom

Bucs streak did leave a bitter taste in my mouth when seeing them take first for everything. Not because they were ruining DCA or anything crazy like that but because the other corps we not stepping up (enough) to beat them. I went nuts when MBI won simply for the fact that someone else wanted it enough to do something about it. C2 will only bring that much more excitement to DCA if they are a top contender as most fear they will be.

This isn't meant to poke you in a mean or negative way, but it's what I thought in my head when I read the word 'fear' in that context.

I never fear excellence. I deeply respect it and work insanely hard to try and match or exceed it when I see it or compete against it, but never, ever fear it.

I would hope to God most or all of us were also taught that way, teach that way, and are also thinking that way. I have too much of Dave Rohrer, Frank Dorritie, and Eric Kitchenmen's mentorship in my head and heart, I guess it shows when that thought popped right into my head.

I think the DCA corps that are looking to be as great as they can be- which is the essence of the activity- think this way.

Jeff and I in some previous C2 thread pretty much said- relax. Let the corps compete and shake it out on the field and let's see how it breaks down. I know we and others have said how many times they would only have one vote if they make membership. As much as some of what goes on in YEA! bothers me, I personally decided some time ago not to let that get in the way of enjoying C2 if they produce a strong product that stirs the blood. I'm such a geek I have a conductor's score of "To Tame The Perilous Skies" I occassionally study here in detail to keep my mind fresh and thoughtful.

It's all gonna be good. Sit back in the stands and watch it all happen. I think it's gonna be interesting and good.

Ballad and Closer (from the only corps in DCA not allowed to be "too good") :tongue::lookaround: ( I kid... )

I know your kind of joking around but I have also noticed this being a reoccurring theme in your last couple of posts.

Just to clarify: I never said they can't be great. They CAN be. They can be phenomenal! They can be better than everyone else if they so choose. That's fine.

It's if they were going to be SO much better than anyone else that they were scoring 90s in June that I would have a problem. I never thought they would be a junior corps in DCA but I highly expect them to be a force right out of the gate. And that's fine with me.

Just felt like I needed to clarify.

This isn't meant to poke you in a mean or negative way, but it's what I thought in my head when I read the word 'fear' in that context.

I never fear excellence. I deeply respect it and work insanely hard to try and match or exceed it when I see it or compete against it, but never, ever fear it.

I would hope to God most or all of us were also taught that way, teach that way, and are also thinking that way. I have too much of Dave Rohrer, Frank Dorritie, and Eric Kitchenmen's mentorship in my head and heart, I guess it shows when that thought popped right into my head.

I think the DCA corps that are looking to be as great as they can be- which is the essence of the activity- think this way.

Jeff and I in some previous C2 thread pretty much said- relax. Let the corps compete and shake it out on the field and let's see how it breaks down. I know we and others have said how many times they would only have one vote if they make membership. As much as some of what goes on in YEA! bothers me, I personally decided some time ago not to let that get in the way of enjoying C2 if they produce a strong product that stirs the blood. I'm such a geek I have a conductor's score of "To Tame The Perilous Skies" I occassionally study here in detail to keep my mind fresh and thoughtful.

It's all gonna be good. Sit back in the stands and watch it all happen. I think it's gonna be interesting and good.

I dont fear them as I am glad to see another corps in DCA and I have no real ties to other corps. I used that word because that seems to be how most view it. Fear,worry,jealousy,etc. Some just dont like change and they are showing it.

so much drama about a corps that won't get a DCA score until July.