Whitewater Bottling Company

That is if the weather is agreeable.

Last year at drums, the drum corps who were in warm up were standing under the highway to avoid the rain. While I was standing under there, the Cadets pit was running to get their pit equipment under the highway. As they were doing this George Hopkins was right next to me running around like a chicken with his head cut off to try to get the pit from getting wet. Good times.

Fun food for thought: If it is definitively "Bluecoats" (one word) why do people still abbreviate it "BC" (as though it were two)?

Because BC = Boston Crusaders. (Technically, BAC for Boston Area Crusaders, but that's a bridge for which I'm not willing to die.)

• Like 1

Looks to me as though Blue Stars have a lot of work to do. I wonder if they have enough time to fix what ailes them? Looks as though last year may not have been a fluke after all? Do they need a major change in staff or leadership?

Time to stick my neck out there for some honesty. The Stars this year will be just fine come August thankfully. They have a new director now, which is in my opinion going be the key to their future success. For this season, most of the damage was already done as this transition didnt happen till April after the staff and design decisions were already made. The Blue Stars like many other corps will thrive best when the organization is run by Star family. I had always wished even at my time there that Brad Furlano (exec. director) would take over the role as corps director as well. Its not that the other director wasnt successful, but he used his same equations he did at his old corps as he did at his time at stars which got them to 5th place was the highest they were. He even brought over most of the same staff, including the vis caption head of this year. People keep asking "what happened to the stars of 08, 09, or 10" the answere is, most of that staff that got them to that place is not there anymore. Even the atmosphere between 09-10 dramatically changed. He loved changing things to his way. In his short time with the stars he changed the staff to his old family, the uniform, and even added words to the corps song. But I have all the faith in the world that the current administration will be able to get the engines going yet again next year. As for this year, I think they have just enough in the tank to survive a slippery slope.

Edited by TubaJon

I abbreviate it as Coats

Blue Stars should have finished in 7th back in 2010. Yes, they were better than SCV that year. I've seen the Blue Stars back in the middle of June. The hornline seems really, really young, the drumline is still rockin', and I can't stand the guard. I said at the end of last season that in 2012 the corps would place no lower than 13th and no higher than 10th at DCI finals. Here's hoping they can get that 10th spot.

The Chuck Norris inside my soul is starting to rage out of control.

How long must I be on my seemingly endless campaign to remind people that "Bluecoats" is ONE word?

I've got my limits.

cloud.jpg

If the Bluecoats is one word, why isn't the Bluestars one word - or the Bluedevils? Or the Blueknights? Yeah - quiz me that, Chucknorris ! :tongue:

Because BC = Boston Crusaders. (Technically, BAC for Boston Area Crusaders, but that's a bridge for which I'm not willing to die.)

Please Mike. Vanilla ice cream is not referred to as strawberry, as BAC should not be referred to as Boston "Area" Corps.

• Like 1