Teal Sound Ends Tour

Like I said in a comment on the post on Teal Sound's Facebook page: "This just gives me one more reason why I plan to audition for the 2013 Edition of Teal Sound. Determination."

Take that how you want it, speculate over it, or laugh at it, but I sincerely mean it.

Like I said in a comment on the post on Teal Sound's Facebook page: "This just gives me one more reason why I plan to audition for the 2013 Edition of Teal Sound. Determination."

Take that how you want it, speculate over it, or laugh at it, but I sincerely mean it.

They're going to rely on people like you to survive, I bet they'll appreciate it.

Really sad news. Kind of angered by it.

If there was any chance that they might not make it down the road then they shouldn't have gone on tour. We don't know the whole story, but ever since the bus incident which seemed fishy... I don't know.

I don't want to point fingers.. but the only thing we can do is point fingers at the Teal Sound Admin. And hope the damage isn't too much to the marching members and staff. And hope that the corps can come back next year.

Seems like the move up to World Class might have been a little premature when you look back on it. They haven't really thrived competitively.. and I feel like they tried too hard to change the activity from the competitive basement of the activity. KISS. Especially with a growing organization. But they went through the DCI process to move up, so maybe something went wrong after the fact?

Who knows the real reasons for losing the busses and the real reasons for ending their season early? Maybe they had another bus company fall out... I know I was standing in the lot at Jackson when their busses flew out of the parking lot barely slowing down for a group of Crossmen members, fans, alum, friends and such. The lead bus just laid on their horn and kept speeding up... seemed odd... and dangerous.

This i guess is all beside the point. And hopefully the members, and parents of members of Teal Sound get some answers soon.

• Like 5

Wow, really sad to hear about this. :sad:

I think in the long run, it is better that they did this. Yes, they could have tried to limp their way to Finals like a few corps have done, but that would not be good for the members or DCI. I remember hearing stories about Magic limping their way to the finish line relying on PB&J and other corps feeding them. That's great of corps to take care of their own, but many corps probably can't afford to handle their own food along with another corps' meals as well, so it would could run the risk of hurting other corps as well.

I wish them the best. There will be an explanation I'm sure when the time comes, but it's not tonight. I just hope everything gets resolved, and they can get back on their feet. I enjoyed competing with them in Div. 2 and Open Class, it would be a shame to see them go away for good. It will take members with a lot of faith in the organization to help get them going again in the future.

• Like 1