Blue Devils vs. Carolina Crown

I will make it my personal quest to minus every plus post and vice versa. The fact that these "likes and dislikes" hold any merit in ANYONES eyes is as pointless as this thread.

BD executes a controversial show. Crown is cleaning a demanding show. What more is there to discuss.

• Like 1

I will make it my personal quest to minus every plus post and vice versa. The fact that these "likes and dislikes" hold any merit in ANYONES eyes is as pointless as this thread.

BD executes a controversial show. Crown is cleaning a demanding show. What more is there to discuss.

Pluses and minuses are FUN. Hey, I'm a numbers guy! Lighten up, Louise.

The drama of this thread has been especially fun. Off to dinner!

• Like 2

please, everybody, keep this thread on topic. the last several pages have been getting into little personal spats without discussing the corps 2012 shows much. we don't want to close this, but we will have to if it keeps going in this direction.

thank you.

YES!

YES!

YES!

Mods, can we PLEASE create a thread called "the Great BD v Crown 2012 debate" and let people have at it on there? Why is it that every other thread gets to be about these two? Don't get me wrong, they are both fan-FREAKING-tastic. But they aren't the only ones.

Well, its because people keep responding to the threads. Enough people want to continually debate it. Of course, I just reponded, but yeah... it could probably all get placed in one thread.

Well, its because people keep responding to the threads. Enough people want to continually debate it. Of course, I just reponded, but yeah... it could probably all get placed in one thread.

. . .and now it has. :tongue:

Any other threads opened on the BD v. CC debate will be merged into this discussion.

Keep it on track and respectful, folks!

Thanks! :smile:

I don't think BDs show is controversial at all! I'm just wondering why it's getting the scores it's getting... However I think the conversation in another thread "Does Clean Win?" (or whatever I called it) gave a lot of insight.

The smartest thing said that has helped me understand is how consistently BD displays all the high level skills necessary. They don't always show the high demand because they don't have to! They do show the high demand that other corps have and they prove they can do it... But... There is just nothing in the sheets that say they have to consistently do it!

And as that sinks in, and I come to accept this reality of DCI shows/sheets, I would hope that other corps could maybe challenge BD at their own game while not doing what BD does from a design/show concept way. (after all 2 shows about randomness and chaos is overkill)

Edited by charlie1223