San Antonio Sizzler!

Thank you. I couldn't remember the name of this [Coldplay] song and Corpsreps.com doesn't have it listed.

Hmm, neither does FaustianMachine's DCP thread thread, usually my first stop to check on current reps.

I kind of find their show unremarkable and middle of the road. Which seems to be case with most lower placing World Class corps. You would think that the design teams would be trying to come up with ideas that would make people talk and notice them instead of producing these shows that get forgotten the minute they're over. Think Les Étoiles spinning drum racks and trash can drums. Dutch Boy were masters of this back in thee laste '80's early '90's with their Vegas shows!

Jersey Surf certainly figured it out this year.

I just don't get it - and PC isn't the only corps doing this!

Later,

Mike

Whoo!!!! That new ending is awesome!! So good! Besides the obvious balance issues in the brass but definitely a show to boost them up the ranks. They caught troop, can they catch colts?

You all realize that this is half of drum corps' second home show right?

I sure wish more corps would of went the direction of Bobby. Maybe there were be more corps that would like to perform and entertain the audiences....

PC was very good ... nice show ... but somehow I feel let down after Surf. It's like my mind and body went into shock after that time warp back to feel good lala land.

Yes. I felt the same. I feel for Pacific Crest. Its a decent show but it was hard to come on after Jersey Surf just rocked the stadium. If its any consolation for the Pacific Crest however, they'll probably beat Jersey Surf.

I kind of find their show unremarkable and middle of the road. Which seems to be case with most lower placing World Class corps. You would think that the design teams would be trying to come up with ideas that would make people talk and notice them instead of producing these shows that get forgotten the minute they're over. Think Les Étoiles spinning drum racks and trash can drums. Dutch Boy were masters of this back in thee laste '80's early '90's with their Vegas shows!

Jersey Surf certainly figured it out this year.

I just don't get it - and PC isn't the only corps doing this!

Later,

Mike

We did Queen (93), ELP (94), and Yes (95) in succession. until a design team shift in 96, we were the "rock corps"

I sure wish more corps would of went the direction of Bobby. Maybe there were be more corps that would like to perform and entertain the audiences....

its funny what a few deacdes does...Star , Bridgemen, VK, all of these corps although ground breaking and entertaining were not considered ' REAL DRUM CORPS " same as some today...........Bridgemen were not just good at entertaining....they were good at what they did..a great combo, great guard, horn line and unbelieable drum line...BUT STILL not taken very serious by many.....Lets see what happens to those who people dont care for today a decade from now,...bound to happen..very cool surf that you reminded many of us of this :smile: Have fun

Edited by GUARDLING