San Antonio Sizzler!

I think someone killed dci.org. Says Service Unavailable.

Edit: OK--now it's back.

Whoever is responsible at DCI for loading up tonite's scores on their website is having a bad nite at the office.

It's not just the Blue Devils, it is anyone. How would you feel if you put the work in these kids did and then got booed for being the best corps out there?

I find it clear that the crowd is booing the judging not BD. Or did I miss the boos during BD's performance?

• Like 1

True booing is not cool. And im going to get destroyed for this. But those kids who work their butts off also know exactly what they are getting into when they sign onto that organization. You do not sign up to march BD nowadays to be liked or to be a crowed favorite. You sign up for BD to win. While there is something awesome and unique about DCI's design diversity, BD does not field the shows that they do to be diverse. This is no secret. I too found myself booing at the screen not at the kids or even BD for that matter tonight. I was booing the judges. While I do dislike BD this year.. again,.. they also dont give you any excuses but to score them uber high. They are extremely talented. But tonight was NOT a good performance. It just wasnt. And they did not deserve the win IMO.

Tonight was not a good performance? What show were you watching? I don't care if you thought you were booing the judges, it is the kids (and yes ... if you are still in high school you are a kid) that get hurt the worst by it. Sure, the members of BD know that they aren't going to be crowd favorites, but that doesn't mean they are fine or should be fine with getting booed. It's disrespectful and rude.

• Like 1

Whoever is responsible at DCI for loading up tonite's scores on their website is having a bad nite at the office.

Right now, it's showing Spirit on top. I can dig it.

Way to go--breaking 80.0 tonight!

I'm really liking the 19-15th race.. hope it stays competitive. Just a fun day... all shows terrific!

Nooo .... Someone said that Crown's crowd response seemed big because of the tepid response of the preceding corps. It's okay .... I heard the crowd responses for all the shows. I just didn't bother comparing them and placing an unnecessary dig on ANY of the corps. I really just wish people could be a little more positive about this, that's all.

You seen my posts tonight? I've been pretty positive about everyone. Someone was talking about how big of a crowd response Crown had gotten at both the start and finish to their show. And I compared it to the response to the Blue Devils before them. Which by watching the video was far less. It doesn't take someone with a decibel meter to figure it out. It's not a dig on the Blue Devils at all, it was a simple statement about the crowd response. Why do fans always seem to get so defensive about the Blue Devils? Is it an ego thing?

• Like 2

It's not just the Blue Devils, it is anyone. How would you feel if you put the work in these kids did and then got booed for being the best corps out there?

Let's get real. The "kids" aren't even there. It wasn't a full corps retreat. The members of the corps were probably back at the buses.

What corps you join is a choice nowadays. If you join the Blue Devils and aren't aware that not everyone likes what you represent, you are pretty naive.

If you join drum corps to be loved, maybe you should pick another corps. The Jersey Surf, perhaps.

I think the audience of drum corps has a right to express their displeasure if what they enjoy is not being reflected in the scores. How else do they communicate to the judges and the "powers that be" that what they are defining as "general effect" is not reflecting their opinion? This is all the audience has as a feedback device.

• Like 6

Stepping back from all of this BD vs. Crown stuff....GREAT shows tonight by A LOT of corps!!!

BUT.....the 900 pound gorilla....

...I have to say it: this makes me wonder why ANY shows are played indoors. The domes are horrible for music IMHO -- they make the great corps sound average and take away all of the finesse and style that is so delicate, and at the same time hide many of the mistakes of lesser corps. In a way, domes are a great equalizer -- the great corps sound good, and the average corps sound good.

To think that the finals are recorded inside a dome!! DCI is definitely tying one arm behind their back.

I miss the better (sounding) venues of times past....Cotton Bowl, Camp Randall, Arrowhead, there so many to choose from!!!

I agree completely.