San Antonio Sizzler!

I think Xmen will jump BStars but otherwise you're right, the placements will be a little different though... I'm thinking this:

1) Crown

2) BD

3) SCV

4) Phantom

5) Cadets

6) Bluecoats

7) Madison

8) Boston

9) Cavies

10) BK

11) Spirit

12) Xmen

13) BStars

I know this is hopeful thinking, but these are under several heavy assumptions: Crown can clean up their Visual program to total excellence, BD has a stagnant performance on finals, Phantom/Cadets/Bloo halt all progress and allow SCV to progress/further the gap (same with Spirit). If Crown can clean tgeir visual that much to make the jump, who's to say Cadets couldnt jump Phantom or Bloo couldnt jump SCV? Really that is the caption holding Bloo back most. I have heard the word "peaking" used with Phantom's visual but late in July I STILL have yet to see it. If anything that is tgeir driving force. I also hear people saying Bloo's show is great (though some poorly placed audio for 10 seconds is enough to ruin an 11 min. show for some) but no one has ever mentioned what makes it "lose steam" or how it "just doesnt click." Im curious as to what specifically holds it back.

• Like 1

Oye vey ...... SFZ are you feeling alright today? I can't read your tone any way other than a bit bitter and harpish lately. All 3 are very good corps. Can't we leave it at that instead of tearing down what BK or BS is doing this year to try and prove a point? Dancing and Prancing is something they've been doing for over a decade. They're brilliant at what they do for a visual program ... dirty .. but brilliant. In fact .. it's genius. Not having a taste for it is fine ... but the delivery of the message is often more important than the message my friend. Cheers and GL to all 3 corps the rest of the way.

Now that I've had my coffee I'll apologize for sounding like such a dick this morning. You see I have very little tolerance for prancing hornlines, dancing drumlines, and "Body movement" in today's drum corps. I dislike it universally - doesn't matter which corps is doing it. I'm usually able to just not mention it in my posts because I don't see it live every day and I try to respect that there are many individuals on DCP that actually enjoy that stuff. After seeing more than my fill of it last night I just couldn't hold it in. In my book the only part of modern drum corps that is worse is the #### synthesizers. Ironic in that one of my oldest friends is considered a "master" with electronics in drum corps and currently does that for two corps. My issue is obviously not with those talented kids out on the field - it's with the changes that have gone on over the years. Yes I guess I'm a card-carrying member of the Dinosaur Brigade. Even with all of those things I dislike I still buy my tickets every year and cheer my ### off for those corps that entertain me. For those that don't I try to just focus on the horns and drums and appreciate the excellence that is going on in those areas. OK - Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

• Like 1

Now that I've had my coffee I'll apologize for sounding like such a dick this morning. You see I have very little tolerance for prancing hornlines, dancing drumlines, and "Body movement" in today's drum corps. I dislike it universally - doesn't matter which corps is doing it. I'm usually able to just not mention it in my posts because I don't see it live every day and I try to respect that there are many individuals on DCP that actually enjoy that stuff. After seeing more than my fill of it last night I just couldn't hold it in. In my book the only part of modern drum corps that is worse is the #### synthesizers. Ironic in that one of my oldest friends is considered a "master" with electronics in drum corps and currently does that for two corps. My issue is obviously not with those talented kids out on the field - it's with the changes that have gone on over the years. Yes I guess I'm a card-carrying member of the Dinosaur Brigade. Even with all of those things I dislike I still buy my tickets every year and cheer my ### off for those corps that entertain me. For those that don't I try to just focus on the horns and drums and appreciate the excellence that is going on in those areas. OK - Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

you must hate the world in general...lol...change happens every minute..why would drum corps be immune to change?..lol...but interesting is even Madison who I do like this year looks nothing like it did BITD

Edited by GUARDLING

I would have suggested mixing in some Tim Burton "Nightmare Before Christmas"...

You mean some Danny Elfman Nightmare Before Christmas. Give musical credit where it's due.

The movie's actual title is Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. Though certainly Elfman's music (and singing) are central to the film's achievement!

Most epic parts of the night?

Madison's rotating company front. Emotional impact level 9000+

SCV playing backfield....... "proud to present"....... music stops, slow rotation to front....... in ominous voice: "The Santa Clara Vanguard." ....... Insert music impact here.

These 2 stick out in my head as easily the most epic parts of the night, especially SCV. I get chills every time I replay the moment in my head.

Edited by Ch1k3n
  • Like 2

I also think Madison has been cleaning their show much more effectively than BAC. Madison was quite dirty in Minny but was a whole new corps in San Antonio, meanwhile BAC seemed to have little to no improvement. Time will tell.

You may be right on and this bugs me as to why spacing/quick feet movements for Boston is still an issue.

When was the last time the Madison Scouts Color Guard finished in 14th place? Good lord. We finally fix the Drum line & the Guard goes South, although the Scouts Drum line isn't scoring where they should be. No way PR or Crown should score better than Madison in drums.

If the Scouts Color Guard is just average, they are right there with Bluecoats in total score.

You may be right on and this bugs me as to why spacing/quick feet movements for Boston is still an issue.

It is not a issue. . The drill is as clean or cleaner than the rest. They are trending up as they add to their show. (They are right where they were in 011 at this time last year with a more demanding show) (Also they have not been to the east coast Home) and been all over west/ mid/ south west. ( A lot of travel). The shown is not a easy one to perform. IMO they are doing a great job. Have a great day.

• Like 1

1343043157[/url]' post='3181433']

It is not a issue. . The drill is as clean or cleaner than the rest. They are trending up as they add to their show. (They are right where they were in 011 at this time last year with a more demanding show) (Also they have not been to the east coast Home) and been all over west/ mid/ south west. ( A lot of travel). The shown is not a easy one to perform. IMO they are doing a great job. Have a great day.

Yes...Boston spent a lot of time last week on changes to music and visual in the closer. Those parts need refining and this week gives them time to do that. New visuals in the last 30 seconds of their show are awesome!

• Like 1