Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

Meh... I haven't loudly booed at a drum corps show. I've booed the judges, with a simple "Boo" to my friends around me... at a sporting event... I'll boo, I'll heckle... ya better watch out.

I can asure you NO ONE was booing the kids on the field. I think we all know that. It is well known that many do not like BDs shows. And Many also do not like how BDs shows are rewarded. I personally think they deserved the win tonight. Crown still has work to do though...

If people want to boo because they don't like placements or scores, let them boo. It's not really a big deal to me.

I know the MM at BD don't give a ####. THey probably feed off of it, haha. But as a FMM, all you really care about is the job you are out there to do. Performing your show to the point of perfection. BD does that from member to member from show to show, from year to year, than anyone else. They just aren't as entertaining while doing that. And that upsets people. So be it. Ya can't please everyone. And I've given up on wishing for BD to perform shows with more fan appeal. Personally this is my favorite show from them since 2007... but it's still not a favorite. I wouldn't have booed the judges... but I'm not your everyday drum corps fan. None of us are. A lot of those people in the crowd this is the only show they see all year. And for some, who they enjoyed the most, so therefore thought was the best in their minds, didn't win. I prefer to watch the rest of the top 13 myself over BD. But I know they should be where they are placing. But you cannot expect the casual fan to understand why BD is winning. If you don't lke the boos... okay. I personally just say whateva

Indeed. People have the right to express their feelings with the placements and judging. If people don't like it, they'll just have to get over it and ignore it.

I've never booed at a show, but I usually just roll my eyes in disgust. If something judging/placement-wise was an egregious error, I indeed would boo and doubt anyone would stop me or try to tell me I wasn't behaving how he/she thought I should.

2003 I believe the crowd was quite happy they won. And I think they had a lot of support in 04 also. And in 2007 they were the home team, for the first time ever, so there ya go! Lol

And nothing (for me) BD has done since has captured that spirit..

I have seen a corps booed while on the field, during and at the end of their show. It's far, far worse than you can possibly imagine. Ask anyone who marched Suncoast Sound in 1984 and 1988. They will tell you all about it.

• Like 1

And I'll boo an official in a professional sporting event as loud and obnoxious as I want. Ef those guys. Get the call right! Heck... at a HS football game I'll yell a few things... (nothing profane or too insulting). You should hear our marching band at our college though. We may have gotten our team penalties in the past. A 300 person band at a small Div 2 stadium can be quite powerful.. lol

That is a completely different situation. Booing a ref in football and basketball says nothing about the performance of the players on either team.

• Like 1

Indeed. People have the right to express their feelings with the placements and judging. If people don't like it, they'll just have to get over it and ignore it.

I've never booed at a show, but I usually just roll my eyes in disgust. If something judging/placement-wise was an egregious error, I indeed would boo and doubt anyone would stop me or try to tell me I wasn't behaving how he/she thought I should.

Could you imagine if BD would have won i 08? Mayhem. I still think they fudged the scores, hahahaha, jk. I think the spread should have been a little more!

I have seen a corps booed while on the field, during and at the end of their show. It's far, far worse than you can possibly imagine. Ask anyone who marched Suncoast Sound in 1984 and 1988. They will tell you all about it.

Yep.

Cavalier's guard score stunk up the place. I wonder if the guard judge counted the last bit of dancing in the corps proper as part of the guard score?

I haven't seen them score that low EVER in guard.

Much improved show Cavaliers, keep refining and you could go up a place or two... thumbup.gif

• Like 1