Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

Only on DP do I get negative clicks for calling booing high school kids classless.

• Like 4

And I'll boo an official in a professional sporting event as loud and obnoxious as I want. Ef those guys. Get the call right! Heck... at a HS football game I'll yell a few things... (nothing profane or too insulting). You should hear our marching band at our college though. We may have gotten our team penalties in the past. A 300 person band at a small Div 2 stadium can be quite powerful.. lol

• Like 1

I don't buy that.

I seem to remember a time when I marched when the crowd cheered the hell out of BD for winning a show. It's the loudest I'd ever heard a Crowd until 2008 Finals, honestly.

BD used to rarely get booed until they started doing the type of shows they now do AND starting winning with them most of the time.....

• Like 4

Wow! Congrats CADETS percussion!!! Amazing! SCV is quite the competitor!!! Congrats!!

I'm not usually a big recaps guy, but it looks like Cadets were lights out tonight in drums!

Looking at the order of percussion vis-a-vis the overall finish, I guess the percussion judge(s) didn't get the memo on slotting, :rolleyes:

• Like 1

BD used to rarely get booed until they started doing the type of shows they now do AND starting winning with them most of the time.....

2003 I believe the crowd was quite happy they won. And I think they had a lot of support in 04 also. And in 2007 they were the home team, for the first time ever, so there ya go! Lol

• Like 1

I didn't see me justifying anything. What I did see was you call PAYING DRUM CORPS SUPPORTERS "spoiled babies". I didn't make any commentary on achievement or placement, I'm just calling you out for being an arse.

It's as simple as this: Crown has the formula the majority of drum corps fans want to see do well, while BD is monopolizing a style that most cannot connect with or make sense of. Now, if you're not going to accept that SOME PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET will disagree with your viewpoint, maybe the USA isn't for you.

What YOU are failing to see is that if Crown was able to do the show using "the formula the majority of drum corps fans want to see do well" CLEANLY (especially in visual, drums, and to an extent, guard) they would be winning, and (allegedly) there would be no booing. They are not. I REALLY love Crown's show, and the individual and ensemble demand may be the highest ever attempted, but they are not clean. Watch the show again. In the crown set at the very end, the left side of the form was not connected. That's the last set of the show, and it didn't hit.

Now, I think that we may be seeing another situation like 2008, 2000, or 1988... Blue Devils going undefeated, only to lose in Finals week. Can this happen again? Sure. Will it? Depends on Crown cleaning and BD leaving the door open. Two weeks left...

• Like 1

If crowds were booing after the corps performed, that would be classless. As far as I've ever seen, very few have ever booed a corps' actual performance.

If crowds are booing after the judges' scores are announced, that's a perfectly acceptable reaction. You don't always have to agree with the judges (and many of us don't b/c the activity has changed so much into pleasing the judges and writing for the sheets rather than pleasing the audience and writing for the fans), and if you don't agree, you have a right to express your opinion.

Someone gets it.

• Like 1

How do we know they're not all Michael boo fans? =p but placements for the blue devils over another corps was not the first booing I had been exposed to but strangely enough, it still invlolves crown placing below a blue corps. In 06 BK beat crown finals night in Madison and the crowd booed followed by an applause for crown. I just think its a bunch of people who get their panties wet everytime crown performs. Is their brass great? You bet! But they are not the best overall performing corps as of late.

I honestly use to be the same way about phantom and Bloo