What Will Happen if Crown Wins?

It isn't going to happen, but it would actually be really fun if it did. Crown is awesome this year. I think their horn line is the best I've ever heard any year. And they move like crazy on the field. I'd be happy to see them as a new champion. OTOH, I can also see how the judges might pick BD. That BD show is about the most unique show I've ever seen and they execute brilliantly. So....two great and totally different corps slugging it out. I think the crowd in Indy is in for a real treat Saturday night.

Even though it is a slim chance, what will happen to the drum corps community if Crown wins?

Nothing. Drum corps will go on.

Edited by emc2
  • Like 1

Even though it is a slim chance, what will happen to the drum corps community if Crown wins?

At the risk of being one of those pitas who answers a question with another question, why do you ask? Are you thinking that it would precipitate something big, something seismic? Other than the novelty (for want of a better word) of having a new name on the trophy, I don't think it would have any significant impact - no kind of paradigm shift or anything like that.

Peace,

Fred O.

We will still be nerds and the rest of the world will still not care, and we still won't care that they don't care, and they still won't know that we even have feelings about it.

In a nutshell. :smile:

• Like 3

The same thing that happened in 2008 when Phantom Regiment won. Most fans unconnected to BD would be happy. And then BD would shrug it off and prepare to go out and get their redemption for the heart breaking loss in 2008 by winning it all once again in 2009 ( and going undefeated ).

I believe this is what they are doing this year.

Nothing. Drum corp will go on.

But what about Drum corps?

(Sorry--I just had to.)

But, I agree: some will love it; some will hate it; a lot won't care; we will argue about it on DCP forever; the 2013 Season will take forever to get here and be over just as quickly as this one.

Best of luck to all the Corps tonight. Leave it ALL on the field!