2013 Predictions

FYI: Mitch Rogers > Richard Hinshaw

You should ask the 2008 Bluecoats about Mitch Rogers.....just saying that stuff was atrocious.

You should ask the 2008 Bluecoats about Mitch Rogers.....just saying that stuff was atrocious.

While musically, I really enjoyed a lot of that show. Just like 2007, I felt both shows to be to "literal". I don't really think all the blame falls on Mitch. I think it was more the design staff as a whole. Yes, it was his drill, but I'm sure he received some input. Mitch is more familiar with the cavies style and I believe his design is better suited to them. I'm not saying he's Michael Gaines, but I do believe him to be better then Hinshaw. While the cavies are known for their visual design, I think bloo is more known for the music. In complete honesty I haven't loved any of bluecoats recent visual packages including show concepts (see 2009). Musically, on the other hand they have been outstanding.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

While musically, I really enjoyed a lot of that show. Just like 2007, I felt both shows to be to "literal". I don't really think all the blame falls on Mitch. I think it was more the design staff as a whole. Yes, it was his drill, but I'm sure he received some input. Mitch is more familiar with the cavies style and I believe his design is better suited to them. I'm not saying he's Michael Gaines, but I do believe him to be better then Hinshaw. While the cavies are known for their visual design, I think bloo is more known for the music. In complete honesty I haven't loved any of bluecoats recent visual packages including show concepts (see 2009). Musically, on the other hand they have been outstanding.

He apologized to the corps for the lousy job he did mid season in 2007, and in 2008 I remember Wozniak livid about how poorly the brass staging was especially in the opener. He still complained about it in 2009 lol

oh gawd, has it been this many ?

Does DCP have a post total roll back machine ? Like those auto mechanics used to do on the odometers on the used cars before they unleashed the cars on an unsuspecting public ?

I need my DCP " odometer " to be spun back. This post total is getting out of hand.

Just think Brasso, if you lined up all of your posts end to end...............................................................................................................it would make a pretty cool formation! :rolleyes:/>

Overall this year seems like it'll be another great one!

I will openly admit that I was clearly wrong about The Cavaliers drill writer from last season. However, Mitch Rodgers seems to me like he'll be up to the task.

I am not expecting a top 3 finish from them. If they improve from that 8th place spot, then i'm just fine with it... Improvement is all I want to see so lets hope that we get a better show from last season!

I usually hate pre-season predictions but as a recent age-out I'm bored in the off season

1. BD- because they're the Blue Devils

2. Crown- Unless they make some visual changes they're not going to get that top spot

3. Phantom- Not getting the full recognition they deserve for playing that awesome music

4. SCV- All those bando's will be cheering for the new movie music on the field for the first time (I know it's not the first time)

5. Cadets- Never out of the top 5

6. Boston- Ok, slightly biased but they're making some big visual changes which will hopefully give them a more mature show and boost them up

7. Cavaliers- Nothing against them but I would like to see a slight shake up in the top 6

8. Bluecoats- Last year was the first year that I could say that I liked the Coats show. They just kind of seem forgettable to me.

9. Madison- Happy 75! They'll come out strong as always but won't manage to keep up.

10. Blue Stars- Back in the top 12 this year

11. Crossmen- Keep it comin' Bones

12. Blue Knights- Just don't do it for me but strong enough to be in the top 12

:tongue::rolleyes::shutup::lookaround::huh::sleeping:

• Like 2

UPDATE

1------Blue Devils. Always great and do not see anything beating them yet.

2------Crown Always god , never great.

3----- Cadets More music ,less drill in 2013. Could be good ,could not.

4------SCV LES MIZ !!!

5------Phantom consistant

6------Bluecoats Have a feeling a slip is coming.

7------Cavies have to be better than 2012

8 ----Boston new visual a step down

9 -----Madison Must learn to move better

10 --Crossmen PROTEST !

11----Blue stars --Better

12---Academy ----just a shake up.

13---Spirit ---------need a change

14 -Blue Knights . Sully gone

15 -Troopers -----moving back up

16---PC --good corp every year

17---Colts --have Sully

18---Surf --Varied tempos in FUNK !?