Cadet's show converted me

I really enjoyed the show until the steeple. I wasn't put off by the steeple mind you- I just thought it didn't "fit" with the other more cartoonish props, the cartoon audio or the whimsical uniforms and flags.

I *was* however turned off by the fish. At best it seemed like lazy drill writing -"Let's see- I've already crammed every possible Christmas related shape formation I can think of. We already did a couple of snowflakes, a Christmas tree, A Christmas present etc... what else can we do? I KNOW! A Jesus fish. And if anyone points out that it isn't a Christmas symbol I'll just circle argue them that it says CHRIST right in the name. Done."

• Like 5

I specifically said it was hard to do a Christmas show without something like that showing up.

Why is one show-appropriate drill form that lasted all of eight (give or take) counts creating such a fuss among anyone? It's not like the corps formed a giant raised middle finger on the field and then put out a press release explaining that it was directed at everyone who isn't of a certain belief system.

/snip

I feel like BDs show was this... raised at the rest of the activity.

devil.gif

• Like 5

I feel like BDs show was this... raised at the rest of the activity.

devil.gif

Well, it wasn't directed at me, so I'm looking the other direction. :cool::w00t:

• Like 1

Nice -- religion has wormed it's way into the emoticon library !! ]

When it comes to DCI and Christmas my first thought is...

What would Je... what would George do.

I really enjoyed the show until the steeple. I wasn't put off by the steeple mind you- I just thought it didn't "fit" with the other more cartoonish props, the cartoon audio or the whimsical uniforms and flags.

I *was* however turned off by the fish. At best it seemed like lazy drill writing -"Let's see- I've already crammed every possible Christmas related shape formation I can think of. We already did a couple of snowflakes, a Christmas tree, A Christmas present etc... what else can we do? I KNOW! A Jesus fish. And if anyone points out that it isn't a Christmas symbol I'll just circle argue them that it says CHRIST right in the name. Done."

Jeff wouldn't design a show with that mentality. He did design 2011 drill and nothing about that show represented a lazy drill design approach.