Cadet's show converted me

Does anyone remember the controversy when Santa Clara did "Bottle Dance"?

No "bottle" props today however. The recyclists would ban the empty bottle before you got anywhere in the show for the " Bottle Dance " around it.

and in NYC, that" bottle" prop better not be bigger than a 16 ouncer out there on that DCI field.

• Like 2

Jeff wouldn't design a show with that mentality. He did design 2011 drill and nothing about that show represented a lazy drill design approach.

Amen!

Oops...did I just write "Amen"?

Bad Boo. Bad, bad Boo. :angel1::innocent:

• Like 5

No "bottle" props today however. The recyclists would ban the empty bottle before you got anywhere in the show for the " Bottle Dance " around it.

and in NYC, that" bottle" prop better not be bigger than a 16 ouncer out there on that DCI field.

Perhaps they could call it the PET recycling bin dance? :laugh:

• Like 1

Perhaps they could call it the PET recycling bin dance? :laugh:

Its sounds like it crosses the threshold of confusion sufficient enough to perhaps work.

• Like 1

I seem to remember that George Hopkins liked the idea of a Christmas show because Christmas music was something that everyone could relate to. Well, that may be true, given that it's impossible to go into any retail establishment without hearing both sacred and secular Christmas music for three straight months. And while I'm sure many people can relate to the quotes from Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and It's a Wonderful Life, I'm not sure everyone can connect to the Jesus Fish drill or the Crown with a Cross on top. That version of Christmas is something that not everyone will connect with, and possibly offensive to those who enjoy the secular celebration of Christmas who are not Christians.

Offensive? Ok. If someone finds themselves offended by the sight of a cross <gasp> then perhaps they need to practice their inclusiveness.

• Like 3

The use of Christmas in any art form fascinates me.

When "The First Noel" is played during Sophie's visit to see her kids in "The Color Purple," I get a lump in my throat every time.

Do you remember watching "The Brady Bunch" in prime time on Friday nights back in the 70s? When Carol Brady got her voice back in time for the Christmas Eve service, it was a Very Brady Christmas indeed.

Burl Ives sledded on a Norelco shaver. The Cavaliers played "Silent Night" in the late 1980s.

Angela Lansbury insisted that "We Need A Little Christmas" in "Mame." "Annie" returns to Broadway this season with "A New Deal for Christmas" continuing to mix government and the holiday!

The Post office issues holiday stamps annually.

The Cadet's 12.25 pageant this past season was unmissable.

• Like 2

Well, it wasn't directed at me, so I'm looking the other direction. :cool::w00t:

And for the record...in case the red negative was for thinking I hated the show...I didn't. One only has to read what I wrote in the blogs to know that. I also chased down Dave Gibbs and Jay Murphy in Allentown to express how overwhelmed I was at the production.

So, I guess, anyone who didn't like the show...

Does anyone remember the controversy when Santa Clara did "Bottle Dance"?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

• Like 2

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

I remember a suit a couple years in either direction of 1980 from JW Pepper over an arrangement of something that was copyrighted. Is that what you're thinking about?

• Like 1