2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

Someone really took the time to go through the beginning of the thread and negatively rep everyone who said that amps were a good idea.

Talk about no life...

Edited by CorpsBuff
  • Like 1

Agreed but so far DCA has not been able to capture the younger audience. Younger marchers yes but not the younger Audience. Looking around at finals its still pretty much the same crowd year after year. I am not so sure that alienating the older crowd with electronics at this point and time was the answer but time will tell. It had to happen at some point.

Well, it's not like the older dino-crowd is a beacon of financial support anyway. Look how many have embraced the Alumni Spectacular. What was that crowd last year? Maybe 800?

• Like 1

So what about this regional show in Scranton? Dates? Potential participants? Argue A&E til you're all blue in the face, this regional is actually being talked about for this year coming up. That'll happen before any of your mikes, let's get some details here.

of course not silly,............otherwise he would actually have to take the heat,...........see post #33

Gary ... does this mean things are not looking good for me and the PA Drum Corps Hall of Fame?

Geez ... your comments are a bit silly. I was only at the meeting to bring up a few business practices that I would like DCA to look at down the road.

As for the rules ... they are what they are.

I love the change.

and I would do more if I could.

But ...

we are where we are and DCA is where it is.

Come on now ... give me a little break.

• Like 3

Again, not what I said. What I want is for corps to be able to be different, and use whatever tools they want to do so.

Vive le difference!

But if history is any guide, the problem is that no one chooses to opt out. Every DCI world class corps used synthesized sound. (I couldn't hear Boston's, but when I mentioned that, someone found a picture of a laptop in their pit.)

Now maybe this indicates, since the experts are all using synthesizers, that they are inherently good. Or maybe it indicates that they're all afraid not be on the so-called cutting edge. But it certainly can't be justified by the argument that it allows for difference, because that's not the result.

(I keep voting your posts back up, even though I disagree with you.)

Someone really took the time to go through the beginning of the thread and negatively rep everyone who said that amps were a good idea.

Talk about no life...

I have a life. I also have been around long enough to know where this is going.

This I Belive I need another beer!

Cheers'!!!!!!!